News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Man, I just thought it felt like forever in that doctor's office.  I was in there so long, Languish was back up when I got out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on January 25, 2015, 12:02:20 PM
If they don't use Facebook then I guess I'd have to exempt them.  But people who do, have acknowledged the instructions are there, and still can't figure it out *cough*Tim*cough*  :wacko:

Also, if you browse Languish exclusively from an iPhone or Android, I'm not sure if you can even get to the hosts file so they may be exempt as well.

I didn't know there was a Facebook group.  I feel excluded. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

I'll go ahead and fix the glitch.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on January 27, 2015, 11:58:07 AM
Quote from: Caliga on January 25, 2015, 06:35:23 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 24, 2015, 10:51:26 PM
DNS is broken, too lazy to edit hosts file.
We should perma-ban the people that aren't capable of figuring that out. :)

Or maybe we'll permaban you?

Hey, with all this "we" talk, are you guying going to start giving me mod powers?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Hey I even tried to post the ip on paradox but was modded.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on January 27, 2015, 06:21:45 PM
Quote from: Caliga on January 25, 2015, 12:02:20 PM
If they don't use Facebook then I guess I'd have to exempt them.  But people who do, have acknowledged the instructions are there, and still can't figure it out *cough*Tim*cough*  :wacko:

Also, if you browse Languish exclusively from an iPhone or Android, I'm not sure if you can even get to the hosts file so they may be exempt as well.

I didn't know there was a Facebook group.  I feel excluded. :(
You should, they talk about you all the time.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

katmai features prominently on Assbook.

Josephus

I admit to being completely technophobic and had no clue what you guys were talking about. DNS server? WTF?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Yeah rather hard to follow the detailed instructions on how to find one file and edit it. And certainly hard to do it with what this not being the first time that vM has provided us with the info to put into our hosts file.

A more compelling reason (and in fact the reason that I waited several days before doing so myself) is that most of the board won't do it and so it is like wading around in a ghost town.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Not sure 'bout the rest of you, but I figured I could live without Languish for a couple days.

Ended up reading War and Peace and The Brothers Karamazov, wrote a thesis on the theory of relativity and converted to Islam.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 27, 2015, 07:46:37 PM

Yeah, I started a thread over there on Is Languish down and surprise surprise, they deleted it the next day.  :rolleyes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on January 27, 2015, 08:06:53 PM
Not sure 'bout the rest of you, but I figured I could live without Languish for a couple days.

Ended up reading War and Peace and The Brothers Karamazov, wrote a thesis on the theory of relativity and converted to Islam.

I didn't have the time or dedication you had, so just went from being a Muslim to becoming an apostate.   :cool:

garbon

Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2015, 08:10:09 PM

Yeah, I started a thread over there on Is Languish down and surprise surprise, they deleted it the next day.  :rolleyes:

We're the evil step sister that is kept in the attic. :weep:

Oh you were lying. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2015, 08:13:10 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2015, 08:10:09 PM

We're the evil step sister that is kept in the attic. :weep:

Oh you were lying. :angry:

:hmm:

No I did, I think a couple of obvious Languishites post in it, along with two or three paradoxian toadies, who I didn't respond to.

garbon

The thread still exists. I just read it now. :unsure:

That said, I don't think I can return to p'dox OT. Never was quite my style anyhow as I was a Languish native with the Mongolian Scenario who got swept up into all this nonsense. -_-