News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Caliga on January 27, 2015, 07:34:20 AM
:hmm: It's illegal to employ immigrant workers, or are they illegal immigrants?

I meant that the employment was illegal as in working without registering all working hours. Some of those hours was then paid without taxes and some were just not paid.

And the immigrant workers not understanding Danish or the Danish employment regulations just accepted it as normal.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Monoriu

Quote from: Caliga on January 25, 2015, 12:02:20 PM
If they don't use Facebook then I guess I'd have to exempt them.  But people who do, have acknowledged the instructions are there, and still can't figure it out *cough*Tim*cough*  :wacko:

Also, if you browse Languish exclusively from an iPhone or Android, I'm not sure if you can even get to the hosts file so they may be exempt as well.

I changed that text file in both my home and work computers.  I can access languish from home, but not the office.  So I guess you need to exempt more people  ;)

garbon

Do we have people who only look at Languish while at work? If so, they should probably not be exempted. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Back at work, so I'm actually available to post.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2015, 08:44:42 AM
Do we have people who only look at Languish while at work? If so, they should probably not be exempted. ^_^

I did, but cannot make the changes on a gov comp.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Us technophobes are back. :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on January 27, 2015, 11:26:37 AM

Wouldn't expect anything less from an applehead. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on January 25, 2015, 06:35:23 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 24, 2015, 10:51:26 PM
DNS is broken, too lazy to edit hosts file.
We should perma-ban the people that aren't capable of figuring that out. :)

Or maybe we'll permaban you?

Caliga

Ok.  You'd probably be doing me a favor. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on January 27, 2015, 11:26:37 AM

This.

Pity really as the Exiles forum was really humming at one point.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Well then, let's hear it for Sulla Levitsky of Passaic, New Jersey. :golfclap:

Agelastus

Quote from: Caliga on January 25, 2015, 12:02:20 PM
If they don't use Facebook then I guess I'd have to exempt them.  But people who do, have acknowledged the instructions are there, and still can't figure it out *cough*Tim*cough*  :wacko:

Also, if you browse Languish exclusively from an iPhone or Android, I'm not sure if you can even get to the hosts file so they may be exempt as well.

Good grief...I actually qualify for an exemption for once! :cheers:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."