News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2015, 06:50:10 PM
You can do anything
but lay off of my Jew suede shoes

There are no Jew loafers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

I AM NOT POSTING IN THE COCK HAIR THREAD YOU FUCKING WEIRDOS
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 18, 2015, 08:44:45 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2015, 06:50:10 PM
You can do anything
but lay off of my Jew suede shoes

There are no Jew loafers.

Sure there are.  They're all in big piles in Europe, next to luggage and teeth.

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on January 18, 2015, 11:13:36 PM
I AM NOT POSTING IN THE COCK HAIR THREAD YOU FUCKING WEIRDOS

That's Cal. He's got a bit of an obsession with penises.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Applebee's is advertising a chicken and quinoa dish.  Surely this is a sign of the apocalypse.

Sheilbh

I saw this on Twitter. An introduction to Irish politics :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Now that's just adorable.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

I had a horrible dream. The forum was down. :o
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Supposedly Aldi Germany removed this soap (Ombia - 1001 Nights) from shelves:

Reason: Some Muslims were angry that something as dignified as a mosque is on something so profane as soap.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

We have Aldis here.  It's tough to figure out which demographic shops there.

Eddie Teach

People who really like chips.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

The way Aldi works here is that they mostly buy from brand name suppliers, but with their own Aldi brand on it and selling cheap. It doesn't have a horrible reputation (at least it didn't ten years ago in Germany, and certainly much better than in the 80s), and some of their weekly offers, e.g. computers, could be very good quality at very decent prices (YMMV). It used to be that there were long queues at opening time when they had PCs on offer.

Aldi's Austrian offshoot, Hofer, isn't quite as good, unfortunately, and certainly not quite as cheap as in Germany, but then shopping tends to be a bit more expensive here, even for the same products.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.