The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: 11B4V on December 28, 2014, 05:44:06 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 28, 2014, 03:08:47 PM
We have 24/7 pizza joint here.

Your taste in pizzia is like your taste in movie...poor.  :P
i didn't say I frequent the place. In fact probably the worst pizza chain around here.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 28, 2014, 07:20:35 PM
It can refer to either a hotdog or a trouser snake.

:huh: Go to your butcher and ask for tube steak. I dare ya.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

alfred russel

Quote from: 11B4V on December 28, 2014, 08:52:45 PM

Last time I take B4's advice. I asked my butcher and now it hurts to sit down.  :ultra:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on December 28, 2014, 11:19:11 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 28, 2014, 08:52:45 PM

Last time I take B4's advice. I asked my butcher and now it hurts to sit down.  :ultra:
:lol:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on December 28, 2014, 07:22:32 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 28, 2014, 05:44:06 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 28, 2014, 03:08:47 PM
We have 24/7 pizza joint here.

Your taste in pizzia is like your taste in movie...poor.  :P
i didn't say I frequent the place. In fact probably the worst pizza chain around here.

Sicily's?  I agree.

On frozen pizza, I like:

- Kashi's
- Newman's Own
- Bellatoria's not bad either (at least, their alfredo chicken is pretty good).

Josquius

Quote from: Norgy on December 28, 2014, 06:41:11 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 28, 2014, 05:03:52 PM
There are some brands of frozen pizza that are pretty good. Ristorante is nice.

No, no, it's not. It's slightly less horrible.

If you live alone, the first thing to do is learn to cook. Cooking not only ensures you decide your own menu each week, but it's strangely relaxing and task-based.
I find cooking anything but relaxing.
It's a huge waste of time to me. Both the act itself and the shopping (not easy overseas)
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

The exotic dishes of Helvetia?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ideologue

Well, I'm pretty sure thanks to this insomnia I'm calling in sick tomorrow.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Archy

Syt

In a small in Lower Austria, an Egyptian who had recently moved to a new house cut down a cross with Jesus on it because he found it insulted his artistic sensibilities.

In a surprising twist, "local Muslim leaders condemned the action of the Egyptian man in the strongest terms, saying that such an act caused great consternation. According to Islam, Muslims should respect the symbols of other religions, they said in a press release."

:thumbsup:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

Quote from: Archy on December 29, 2014, 06:43:52 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 29, 2014, 04:20:18 AM

:lmfao: Such a classic Asterix

:yes:
Having cheese fondue with friends tomorrow, no doubt penalties will be involved :)

Syt

Are you gonna throw them in the IJsselmeer? :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on December 29, 2014, 08:20:03 AM
In a small in Lower Austria, an Egyptian who had recently moved to a new house cut down a cross with Jesus on it because he found it insulted his artistic sensibilities.

In a surprising twist, "local Muslim leaders condemned the action of the Egyptian man in the strongest terms, saying that such an act caused great consternation. According to Islam, Muslims should respect the symbols of other religions, they said in a press release."

:thumbsup:

I'm confused. The cross was on top of his house?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.