News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: garbon on December 29, 2014, 08:51:36 AMI'm confused. The cross was on top of his house?

Next to it:

"Shortly after the man bought the house in Augasse, he was heard complaining to his neighbours about the two-metre high crucifix with the figure of Jesus that stood for several decades on the grass verge in front of his property."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

And I assume he was blind since he bought the place and then started complaining?

garbon

I don't see why it is a positive that everyone got pissy that he removed a decades old cross on his property. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on December 29, 2014, 09:00:50 AM
I don't see why it is a positive that everyone got pissy that he removed a decades old cross on his property. :unsure:

L2R. "In front of his property"

garbon

Ah. Well I suppose he should be punished for destroying public property but not sure why the Muslim community needs to comment on this.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on December 29, 2014, 09:02:59 AM
Ah. Well I suppose he should be punished for destroying public property but not sure why the Muslim community needs to comment on this.

They shouldn't have to but it's good that they get some positive PR. Of course one could ask if they think it would have been OK if it had been some non-religious item. If they had talked about "property" instead of "symbols of religion" they would have scored more points with me.

The Brain

He should have destroyed the cross after looking at the property (before buying) and then get a better price because of the "horrible vandalism in the area".

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on December 29, 2014, 08:20:03 AM
In a small in Lower Austria, an Egyptian who had recently moved to a new house cut down a cross with Jesus on it because he found it insulted his artistic sensibilities.

In a surprising twist, "local Muslim leaders condemned the action of the Egyptian man in the strongest terms, saying that such an act caused great consternation. According to Islam, Muslims should respect the symbols of other religions, they said in a press release."

:thumbsup:

There was a similar case recently in Poland and the woman who cut the cross was angry as people were constantly praying in front of it and making a lot of noise. I for one support burning of churches and hanging of clergymen, so this is a step in the right direction.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on December 29, 2014, 09:13:08 AM
He should have destroyed the cross after looking at the property (before buying) and then get a better price because of the "horrible vandalism in the area".

Or better yet, announce that he is moving into the neighborhood. This being Austria, that would have driven the prices way down. :P

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on December 29, 2014, 09:15:24 AM
Quote from: The Brain on December 29, 2014, 09:13:08 AM

Or better yet, announce that he is moving into the neighborhood. This being Austria, that would have driven the prices way down. :P

I don't think small Austrian towns are full of bigots.

Eddie Teach

There's always room for more. It's the cities that are full.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on December 29, 2014, 08:46:44 AM
Are you gonna throw them in the IJsselmeer? :P

Now there's a thought...  :hmm:

Josquius

Anyone who knows Chinese? (not just Mono right?)

Any idea what this error says?

I'm having a very painful time trying to order something from a chinese website
██████
██████
██████

Syt

For Ed: Teenagers of the 80s:

http://www.vintag.es/2014/04/teenagers-of-1980s.html

Soooo .... much .... hairspray ....
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.