News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Hmm, I draw the line at frozen pizza, especially as I can typically make one in 10-12 minutes. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on December 28, 2014, 05:45:01 PM
In fairness, though, Little Caesar's has really declined.  Worth $5?  Yes.  Actively good?  Not especially. -_-

Some of their special pizzas are very good.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on December 28, 2014, 05:23:29 PM
Actually, I forget, I'm on a board full of fucking snobs, who'd turn their nose up to Little Caesar's or Pizza Hut pizza, and would only ever eat artisanal crap with localvore veggies and meat from an endangered species of boar, made by the Mario Bros., Brooklyn, NY, and only while standing next to the open oven.

Edit to add: and they'd wash it down with an $18 bottle of specialty beer.

I'm lucky to get hot food at all.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I'd give you a footlong toasted Subway Veggie Max sandwich, depending on whether your unit met your quota for riveting airplane wings today.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Veggie? I'd rather starve.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

Quote from: Tyr on December 28, 2014, 05:03:52 PM
There are some brands of frozen pizza that are pretty good. Ristorante is nice.

No, no, it's not. It's slightly less horrible.

If you live alone, the first thing to do is learn to cook. Cooking not only ensures you decide your own menu each week, but it's strangely relaxing and task-based.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Norgy on December 28, 2014, 06:41:11 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 28, 2014, 05:03:52 PM
There are some brands of frozen pizza that are pretty good. Ristorante is nice.

No, no, it's not. It's slightly less horrible.

If you live alone, the first thing to do is learn to cook. Cooking not only ensures you decide your own menu each week, but it's strangely relaxing and task-based.
Yep. And you can use it for seduction, or more often accidental colossal over-feeding followed by regret.
Let's bomb Russia!

Norgy

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 28, 2014, 06:42:16 PM

Yep. And you can use it for seduction, or more often accidental colossal over-feeding followed by regret.

I usually blame the industry for not catering to single people when I do the latter.  :lol:
The first part, well, it works.  :perv: :w00t:

Sheilbh

'I had no idea tartiflette would be so heavy...' :weep: :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Norgy on December 28, 2014, 06:41:11 PM
the first thing to do is learn to cook.

Step 1- Put water in a pot.
Step 2- Boil the water.
Step 3- Put hot dogs in boiling water.
Step 4- Pull hot dogs out and place on bun.
Step 5- Add ketchup and mustard.

How I made dinner this evening.  :cool:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I usually broil tube steak.

Ideologue

Is tube steak a real thing?  I thought it was like a hot beef injection.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

It can refer to either a hotdog or a trouser snake.