News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: Iormlund on March 28, 2014, 10:27:25 AM
So, after 9 long months unemployed, I suddenly get two calls. Both are German multinationals:

Option a) Stay at my hometown with frequent, long stays around the world. During those long hours and stressful working conditions in a very challenging environment (automotive industry).
Option b) Move to a Spanish city not far, but far enough. Relaxed working conditions (in comparison).

:unsure:

first seems far more interesting. relaxed working conditions is a negative

pick whichever pays more/has more career opportunities/looks better on a resume

Iormlund

:lol:
I have to confess that I hadn't considered the poon angle. The second clearly loses there (the locals are [in]famous for not putting out).

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on March 28, 2014, 10:53:29 AM
:lol:
I have to confess that I hadn't considered the poon angle. The second clearly loses there (the locals are [in]famous for not putting out).

A devoutly Catholic town or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

A town full of converso Muslims?  :hmm:

Norgy

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

Quote from: The Brain on March 28, 2014, 11:20:02 AM
Attractive women? :(

Those are the worst.
Give me five uggos on a bender.

Iormlund

Admiral Yi

Basquitas don't put out?  Good to know.

Valmy

Well there goes my vacation to Bilbao.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2014, 11:32:10 AM
Basquitas don't put out?  Good to know.

At least not to other basques, they're legendary about that. They're sucker for accents, though, if comedy is to be believed. :p

Hey Iorm, how does your condition mesh with the prolonged stays abroad offered by your first option?

jimmy olsen

Just saw this acronym on tumbler, LGBTQIAP.

Seems like it grows another letter every year, how much longer is it going to get?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Quote from: Iormlund on March 28, 2014, 10:27:25 AM
So, after 9 long months unemployed, I suddenly get two calls. Both are German multinationals:

Option a) Stay at my hometown with frequent, long stays around the world. During those long hours and stressful working conditions in a very challenging environment (automotive industry).
Option b) Move to a Spanish city not far, but far enough. Relaxed working conditions (in comparison).

:unsure:
If option A is an OEM, take it. All German OEMs are currently in a very good economic cycle and it looks like that will stay the same for the next few years. The tier one suppliers are also doing quite well, so if the job is with one of them, take it as well.

Admiral Yi

Zanza

Original Equipment Manufacturer = Volkswagen, Toyota, Ford, General Motors, etc.
Tier-one suppliers = Bosch, Continental, Denso, Johnson Controls, Magna, etc. -- these deliver directly to the OEMs
Tier-n suppliers = Suppliers of the tier-one suppliers. OEMs will manage the supply chain beyond their tier-one suppliers and have contractual agreements with the tier-n suppliers as well