News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

It's like you people have a different word for everything.

Have you accepted the 'Bama gig Zanza?  When do you arrive?

Zanza

Yes, the automotive industry certainly has its own subset of bullshit buzzwords.

Looks like they already had someone else for the job in Alabama as I got a rejection from HR almost immediately without as much as an interview. :( I'll probably have to go there on a business trip in summer though.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

If I were Iorm I would take the job in Basque country.  Leaving Spain to work?  What is this, the 16th century?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Norgy

OEM is pretty much common in the software/hardware bidnis. You buy an OEM license for Windows for your current setup, and can't use it for another one.

Zanza

Quote from: Caliga on March 28, 2014, 01:41:53 PM
Eat at Dreamland BBQ. :mmm:
I would probably go on the business trip with someone from Alabama who moved here and she already said she would take me to a real Alabama barbecue.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

Quote from: Zanza on March 28, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on March 28, 2014, 10:27:25 AM
So, after 9 long months unemployed, I suddenly get two calls. Both are German multinationals:

Option a) Stay at my hometown with frequent, long stays around the world. During those long hours and stressful working conditions in a very challenging environment (automotive industry).
Option b) Move to a Spanish city not far, but far enough. Relaxed working conditions (in comparison).

:unsure:
If option A is an OEM, take it. All German OEMs are currently in a very good economic cycle and it looks like that will stay the same for the next few years. The tier one suppliers are also doing quite well, so if the job is with one of them, take it as well.

Option A is not an OEM, but it's a top 3 company in its niche and has preferred status with Volkswagen.
Option B is an OEM (in another sector).

Iormlund

Quote from: The Larch on March 28, 2014, 11:40:13 AM
Hey Iorm, how does your condition mesh with the prolonged stays abroad offered by your first option?

I'd have to travel with my meds, but other than that (and a little care with what I eat) not that much. Since I'd be based at home I could keep my doctor.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Iormlund on March 28, 2014, 06:52:23 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 28, 2014, 11:40:13 AM
Hey Iorm, how does your condition mesh with the prolonged stays abroad offered by your first option?
Since I'd be based at home I could keep my doctor.

YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Capetan Mihali

¡Revoque Ovamacariña!
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

To the barricades! NO PARASAN!

Liep

World Championship in half marathon is today in Copenhagen. Sun is shining, weather is cool, route is flat, world record incoming!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk