News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Tuna, cheese and jello simply don't belong together.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on January 10, 2014, 05:30:43 PM

Quit going on about what is and isn't kosher Malthus. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on January 10, 2014, 05:33:23 PM

:bacon: 

Eating treif is against the laws of god, but eating tuna in jello is against the laws of nature.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on January 10, 2014, 05:37:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 10, 2014, 05:33:23 PM

:bacon: 

Eating treif is against the laws of god, but eating tuna in jello is against the laws of nature.  :P

That's what gives it the extra tang - the unwholesomeness of it. :mmm:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 10, 2014, 09:56:40 AM
I'm gonna go check out some arcade machines. NBA JAM? Would look good in mah basement.

Bought NBA Jam and Shit Fighter II: something something edition. Almost bought Joust but I ain't paying 2K for that one.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I vaguely remember the Potato Salad loaf.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 10, 2014, 11:36:13 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2014, 02:54:51 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2014, 01:24:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2014, 09:23:11 AMHaving an extinction countdown seems a bit morbid and sensational.

How so? Better just to ignore it and then go "oh well" when the species is extinct for sure?

Because creating an extinction countdown necessitates extinctions to continue to exist as a section on the site. Otherwise it isn't a countdown to anything.

You may be too young to remember but during the cold war we had a countdown to midnight - the metaphor for when the world would end in nuclear destruction.  It was a powerful device to advocate for change.  No sane person would suggest that it was meaningless because the world wasnt actually destroyed.

Are you saying the countdown to midnight wasn't alarmist?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

I'm gonna go check out some arcade machines. NBA JAM? Would look good in mah basement.

I want a Dragon's Lair machine.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 10, 2014, 06:05:56 PM

I want a Dragon's Lair machine.

Bleh.

Josephus

Leviticus XII-3-5
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on January 10, 2014, 06:13:50 PM

Leviticus XII-3-5

You Jews just never stop trying to push your agenda, do you. <_<

Malthus

Leviticus XII-3-5

QuoteOn the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. 4 Then she shall remain in the blood of her purification for thirty-three days; she shall not touch any consecrated thing, nor enter the sanctuary until the days of her purification are completed. 5 But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean for two weeks, as in her [a]menstruation; and she shall remain in the blood of her purification for sixty-six days.

Yum!

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on January 10, 2014, 06:14:51 PM

Leviticus XII-3-5

You Jews just never stop trying to push your agenda, do you. <_<

I made that up ;)

and B--I'm not Jewish...I just work for them.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011