News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Sic transit gloria panthera leo senegalensis.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

But what if the West African Lions are the only thing protecting us from trans-dimensional beings of unimaginable horror?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

This is why nobody goes on safari in Nigeria.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

The Brain

Is #6 naked? It's hard to tell.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

So many exciting fashion options.

Zanza

Grey Fox

Thank god for christian Lebanon.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 09, 2014, 12:07:02 PM
Thank god for christian Lebanon.

What the fuck is up with Frenchmen and Lebanon?

Grey Fox

Same thing that is up with every non-Algerian african colonies of France.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2014, 09:23:11 AMHaving an extinction countdown seems a bit morbid and sensational.

How so? Better just to ignore it and then go "oh well" when the species is extinct for sure?

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2014, 01:24:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2014, 09:23:11 AMHaving an extinction countdown seems a bit morbid and sensational.

How so? Better just to ignore it and then go "oh well" when the species is extinct for sure?

Because creating an extinction countdown necessitates extinctions to continue to exist as a section on the site. Otherwise it isn't a countdown to anything.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2014, 02:54:51 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2014, 01:24:50 PM

Because creating an extinction countdown necessitates extinctions to continue to exist as a section on the site. Otherwise it isn't a countdown to anything.

I'm reasonably sure that if the threat of extinction let up, they'd be more than happy to remove that section of their website.