News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

If you were forced to pick one of your fingers to be cut off, which would it be? Question arose because some poor sod owed some drug money and the baddies asked him that question. He chose his left pinky.

I think maybe the left ring finger.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Liep on January 10, 2014, 09:14:44 AM
If you were forced to pick one of your fingers to be cut off, which would it be? Question arose because some poor sod owed some drug money and the baddies asked him that question. He chose his left pinky.

I think maybe the left ring finger.

Not planning on tying the knot?  Or does your sector of Europe do the right ring finger for wedding bands?

I'd probably take left little finger as well.  I need my right one for the zirconium-studded pinky ring that drives 'em crazy in AC.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Liep

I failed to mention that it was only the first joint.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 09, 2014, 11:30:29 PM
What the hell does this mean? :yeahright:

:mellow:

I was referring to the masochistic OMG HUMANZ ARE SO EVOL guilt trip crap whenever something about pollution, animal extinction, etc. is presented.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

The last few days I get spam mail that uses excerpts from ST-DS9 novels to try and get around the spam filters. :nerd:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I'm gonna go check out some arcade machines. NBA JAM? Would look good in mah basement.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 10, 2014, 09:56:40 AM
I'm gonna go check out some arcade machines. NBA JAM? Would look good in mah basement.
Thus you will be the coolest dad evahhh.
Well.
You would be if kids these days appreciated cool shit.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

There's a new series of Charlie Brooker's weekly wipe. Yey.
Best (cut down as I'm not writing the whole thing) quote: "Showing the world how new years speaches should be done, the star of the North Korean remake of Game of Thrones, Kim  Yong Joffrey, took to the stage to read feelgood stories about executing your uncle"
Kim Yong Joffrey....That is just perfect.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

One of my Indian colleagues has apparently been at work for 72 hours straight already. I wonder when he'll collapse.

Liep

What's his Red Bull count?

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2014, 02:54:51 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 09, 2014, 01:24:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2014, 09:23:11 AMHaving an extinction countdown seems a bit morbid and sensational.

How so? Better just to ignore it and then go "oh well" when the species is extinct for sure?

Because creating an extinction countdown necessitates extinctions to continue to exist as a section on the site. Otherwise it isn't a countdown to anything.

You may be too young to remember but during the cold war we had a countdown to midnight - the metaphor for when the world would end in nuclear destruction.  It was a powerful device to advocate for change.  No sane person would suggest that it was meaningless because the world wasnt actually destroyed.

Zanza

Minor mistake on Google Maps:

Queequeg

I think my profile pic might be the cutest picture I've ever seen.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

"Famous Agentur fur Live Kommunication??"  What the hell kind of Krautspik is that?