Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Malthus on November 12, 2013, 09:38:09 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 12, 2013, 09:16:31 AM
I need to find a new daycare center.

:( Urg, I feel so bad.

Details?

The care taker is often sick(she can't shake a pneumonia for 2 months now) so she wants us to not bring the children when they are sick. I have 2 small children, sick is a constant state of being in fall/winter. I can not afford to miss that many work days, especially in a row.

2 weeks ago daycare was close to a whole week & now Ariel's going to miss all this week too.

It sucks to take Ariel out, she seems to like it there & the lady really loves her. Plus it already had a place for Cédric all lined up without me having to pay for it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 12, 2013, 09:49:41 AM

Details?

The care taker is often sick(she can't shake a pneumonia for 2 months now) so she wants us to not bring the children when they are sick. I have 2 small children, sick is a constant state of being in fall/winter. I can not afford to miss that many work days, especially in a row.

2 weeks ago daycare was close to a whole week & now Ariel's going to miss all this week too.

It sucks to take Ariel out, she seems to like it there & the lady really loves her. Plus it already had a place for Cédric all lined up without me having to pay for it.

That indeed sucks. Thankfully I never used a day-care, but it strikes me that one that won't take kids if they have a sniffle is about as much use as an umbrella that only works when it isn't raining.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quote from: Malthus on November 12, 2013, 12:41:05 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 12, 2013, 09:49:41 AM

Details?

That indeed sucks. Thankfully I never used a day-care, but it strikes me that one that won't take kids if they have a sniffle is about as much use as an umbrella that only works when it isn't raining.  ;)

Yes but that doesn't reduce the fact that I feel bad. She's going about doing her day to day life while My girlfriend & I are plotting to take away 2 of the 6 children she take care of & the revenu associated with it.

Fuck, I could never fire people.

DGuller

Finally some piece of Jersey City news to be proud of. :yeah:

QuoteState officials: Fugitive surrender program in Jersey City sets new record

Jonathan Lin/The Jersey Journal By Jonathan Lin/The Jersey Journal

on November 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM, updated November 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Figures released Tuesday morning show a total of 4,587 fugitives turned themselves in to the Fugitive Safe Surrender program in Jersey City last week, making it the most successful program in the state and the third most successful program in the nation, New Jersey Acting Attorney General John J. Hoffman announced.

"This Fugitive Safe Surrender event was a tremendous, record-breaking success that will touch thousands of lives for the better - not just the nearly 5,000 individuals who surrendered, but the lives of their loved ones and fellow New Jerseyans," he said.

The event last week marked the fifth time the state has offered the program, with previous events having taken place in Camden, Newark, Somerset/New Brunswick and Atlantic City. The city of Newark had the second most successful program four years ago when 4,103 fugitives turned themselves in, officials said.

Nationally, Cleveland and Detroit are the only two cities who have had a higher turnout of fugitives than Jersey City, Hoffman said.

The event last week resolved an estimated total of 10,000 non-violent warrants and brought the total number of New Jersey fugitives who have turned themselves in to 17,863, he said.

The four-day program raked in $40,000 in municipal and Superior Court income thus far, with more than double that amount expected by the time overflow cases are resolved at the Jersey City Armory toward the end of this week, Hoffman said.

He estimated each fugitive who turned themselves in saved local governments $500 in police and jail costs, which would amount to savings totaling over $2.2 million.

According to a press release from the attorney general's office, only two participants were taken into custody. Sixty-three percent had traffic warrants, 33 percent had misdemeanor criminal warrants, 4 percent had child support, family court, or probation warrants and less than 1 percent had felony warrants.

When asked if plans were in the works to stop people from taking advantage of future fugitive surrender programs, Hoffman said "yes."

"If and when we were ever to do this again, we would take that into consideration," he said.

Hoffman said a fugitive safe surrender program will happen in New Jersey again but did not reveal a timetable.

"It'll be some time before we do this again," he said. "At some point in the future, it will happen again, but not in a couple of years."

Admiral Yi

You know your city sucks when Newark talks shit about you.  :lol:

Sheilbh

I quite like this:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/12/occupy-wall-street-activists-15m-personal-debt
Sad they missed Ide's student debt :(

Also this is a nice memorial idea - sad how frail GHWBush looks :(
http://www.learntheaddress.org/
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 12, 2013, 07:59:28 PM
I quite like this:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/12/occupy-wall-street-activists-15m-personal-debt
Sad they missed Ide's student debt :(

Pretty misleading headline.

There is no secondary market for student debt.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Du laberst mich an?

DU LABERST MICH AN??

Caliga

Yeah, did he have a stroke? :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on November 12, 2013, 08:47:36 PM
Yeah, did he have a stroke? :(

I'm guessing we're looking at the weak looking Dubya?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.