News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

What brought me to computers.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Quote from: DGuller on November 13, 2013, 02:00:23 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 13, 2013, 01:34:30 PM
Quote from: Zanza on November 13, 2013, 01:29:15 PM
QuoteThe death of MI6 spy Gareth Williams, whose body was found in a padlocked sports bag, was probably an accident, police have said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24927078

:yeahright:  :ph34r:

They are seriously entertaining the theory he put himself in a bag and padlocked it?  :lol:

QuoteDuring a seven-day inquest in May 2012, the question of whether Mr Williams could have padlocked himself into a bag in a bath was central.
The bad thing about this kind of a story is that you can't even come up with some witty snark comment.  How can you top the actual conclusion?

We're going to need to call in the Warren Commission on this one.
and the horse you rode in on

Josquius

Trying to figure out how to use my Hitachi washing machine I found two email addresses. Gulf customer support and Hong Kong customer support.

Hong Kong customer support- We're sorry but that seems to be a Japan only domestic model. Here is the Japanese manual. We will ask HQ about a English manual. Then the next day: That is a very old model and no Japanese manual is available but here is the manual for a very similar model which only has one small difference. We're sorry we couldn't help you more.

Gulf customer support- WHO ARE YOU! WHAT IS YOUR ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER! YOU'RE NOT REALLY IN THE GULF AREA ARE YOU!! ADMIT IT! HOW DARE YOU CONTACT US!
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2013, 01:57:43 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 13, 2013, 09:18:29 PM
Federation Zhukov carrier group

That just looks wrong, man.

The Zhukov was one of three Fed heavy carriers in SFB. Cool name for a CVA.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Savonarola

We're having a webcast on Real-time Operational Intelligence and Mobility this morning (no, that doesn't actually mean anything.)  One of the speakers sounds exactly like Chuck D's narration on Pollywannacracka:

See all the KPI's
Some people say they're fly
But GE needs to build up its facility
If it's going to use operational intelligence and mobility
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

Now see, that just got me hard.

I'm in the wrong industry.  :(

Zanza

I wonder what the hiring policy of this company might be:

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Looks like the sales team at a staffing agency.

NOT HOT CHICKS NEED NOT APPLY
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

I worked on a project with a start-up bank down in Florida that was like that.  Every female who worked there was hott as hell.  Even the older ones in the back office looked good.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 14, 2013, 10:35:22 AM
Looks like the sales team at a staffing agency.

NOT HOT CHICKS NEED NOT APPLY

NO FAT CHICKS EITHER
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Hott chicks?  I see maybe 3 keepers in the whole gaggle.