News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2013, 01:54:24 PM
Nice.  I left a liter of Knob Creek down at my in-laws house in Argentina.  Nobody I know there drinks whiskey but I told them it's a good time to get started.
Thank you for your support. :bowler:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

I can understand if the sweeper was tired of bailing out ne'er do well southern Latins, but that doesn't justify violence.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2013, 03:05:22 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 02, 2013, 02:03:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2013, 02:01:14 PMZing!  POTM

:yeahright:

So you support this violent act?

Nope, not particularly.

I'm puzzled my your characterization of Ide's post as a "zing" of any kind.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on August 02, 2013, 03:33:41 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2013, 03:05:22 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 02, 2013, 02:03:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2013, 02:01:14 PMZing!  POTM

:yeahright:

So you support this violent act?

Nope, not particularly.

I'm puzzled my your characterization of Ide's post as a "zing" of any kind.

I have a lot of crossover appeal.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Franklin in his 1755 article on population growth projected that American population would double every 25 years. He was ridiculously accurate.

http://www.amphilsoc.org/sites/default/files/proceedings/5VonValtier1550205.pdf
Quote1790 census: 3,929,214; 1890 census: 62,947,714; 1890
calculated population: 62,867,424 (3,929,214×16); error: 80,290, 0.13 percent. From Conway Zirkle, "Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Malthus and the United States Census," Isis 48 (1957): 58–62, at 62.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Since I'm back home for a while I'm using my 8 year old computer for the first time in 4 years.
Its amusing but my old web history is still here. And the whole thing runs slower even for generic processes than I remember...Youtube plays crap...

Any recommended low demand games?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on August 03, 2013, 06:04:47 AM
Since I'm back home for a while I'm using my 8 year old computer for the first time in 4 years.
Its amusing but my old web history is still here. And the whole thing runs slower even for generic processes than I remember...Youtube plays crap...

Any recommended low demand games?

GOG.com
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: mongers on August 02, 2013, 06:16:00 AM
Oh dear, I've seen a friend of mine on the tv coverage of the ongoing 'anti-fracking' protest at Balcome, Surrey.  :blush:

Are you so "pro-fracking" that it's an embarrassment to see him there?  :huh:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 02, 2013, 03:08:47 PM
I can understand if the sweeper was tired of bailing out ne'er do well southern Latins, but that doesn't justify violence.

I have this nifty personal ashtray that I picked up in the police "assembly room" (?: B4 or Seedy, what's the term of art?) at the Blount County Sheriff's Dept. while awkwardly waiting for my ride-along.  A little plastic gizmo with a sliding cover.  I guess the jar of them was supposed to encourage the cops to set a good example, but most of them dipped anyways. 

It does a moderate job at reducing that "half-smoked cig" smell that plagues me when I put one back in the pack, or when I put a butt in my pocket to be a good citizen-smoker.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

mongers

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on August 03, 2013, 06:44:42 AM
Quote from: mongers on August 02, 2013, 06:16:00 AM
Oh dear, I've seen a friend of mine on the tv coverage of the ongoing 'anti-fracking' protest at Balcome, Surrey.  :blush:

Are you so "pro-fracking" that it's an embarrassment to see him there?  :huh:

I'll post a reply in Viking's fracking thread. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I'm pro fracking. DRILL BABY DRILL

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 03, 2013, 08:09:37 AM
I'm pro fracking. DRILL BABY DRILL

This explains So much, so when you were 'drilling' for babies you were actually hoping to hit large quantities of methane ?  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"