News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Breaking news: unarmed black dude shot by sheriff's deputies in his driveway. 

Didn't catch where, but based on accents I'd guess somewhere in the Piedmont.

Iormlund

Sheriff deputies shot a black dude in Italy?

garbon

And by breaking news, Yi means Monday. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2013, 05:57:10 PM
And by breaking news, Yi means Monday. :P

Meh, any day is Kill An Unarmed Black Man Day.

lustindarkness

He shot the sheriff,  but not the deputy.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Phillip V

Quote from: Valmy on July 31, 2013, 10:27:05 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2013, 06:02:43 PM
Women be uptight.

Yeah approaching them was no fun.  Some of them would respond with weird paranoia and/or hostility when I was just being polite.

Predators target women and children who are not paranoid and/or hostile.

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on July 31, 2013, 08:40:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 31, 2013, 10:27:05 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2013, 06:02:43 PM
Women be uptight.

Yeah approaching them was no fun.  Some of them would respond with weird paranoia and/or hostility when I was just being polite.

Predators target women and children who are not paranoid and/or hostile.

THen I guess I was fortunate to get out of childhood not raped.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Anyway I thought Languish would appreciate this:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I'm lucky that I was born hostile.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 31, 2013, 10:18:13 PM
Anyway I thought Languish would appreciate this:

As long as New York in that just means part of Manhattan. In the village, we want you to stay away as you might get lost without the grid. :D

DGuller

A large part of Brooklyn follows a grid pattern as well.

garbon

But less useful given the multitude of named cross streets.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2013, 11:01:33 PM
If you live there long enough, you know that Ocean Avenue is East 20th Street, Bedford Avenue is East 25th Street, Nostrand Avenue is East 30th Street, etc.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2013, 11:05:17 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2013, 11:01:33 PM
If you live there long enough

:x