News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on April 04, 2012, 03:45:58 PM
I saw this on facebook under the comment 2016.

I'd vote for her.  Hell, I vote for her if she ran 2012.  I wish the Dems nominated her in 2008.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Don't worry, Raz;  one day, she'll be there.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Exhibit #31,013 as to why Obama is the Coolest President Evah.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 06:25:20 PM
JFK was cooler.

JFK may have banged the best of them two at a time, but he never played up to the Trekkie crowd, and that was his failure.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2012, 06:27:24 PM
JFK may have banged the best of them two at a time, but he never played up to the Trekkie crowd, and that was his failure.

Would you like a moment to reconsider your position that it's cooler to be a Trekkie than to bang Marylin Monroe?

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 06:29:53 PM

Would you like a moment to reconsider your position that it's cooler to be a Trekkie than to bang Marylin Monroe?
Why can't you have both?  :hmm: Oh, right, I see.

Lettow77

Won a $2000 scholarship I never heard of until just now for excellence in history. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and it feels odd. I haven't taken a history course in a year now, and I missed my morning class because I stayed up until 4. I suppose I should be happier about free money falling from the sky yet again, but as achievement scholarships fall on me I just feel a little empty and wonder how it happens- I look very unkempt and erratic and don't _feel_ as if I am doing anything noteworthy.

I would be far, far happier with news of acceptance from a summer program in Japan. I doubt they'll be as easy to inexplicably impress as the good folks of Martin, TN.

Edit: It was a full tuition scholarship, not $2000. I was already being paid to go here. I feel stressed and guilty- I think I'll go ahead and fast after all. It may not help me with the moon runes, but self-chastisement and reading literature may do something for the mediocrity of my nature.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Caliga

JFK may have banged the best of them two at a time, but he never played up to the Trekkie crowd
Hmmm... I wonder why he didn't play to the Trekkie crowd... :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

JFK was a huge Outer Limits fan, or so my alien friend tells me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Congratulations Lettuce.  You lucky bastard.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 09:46:42 PM
Congratulations Lettuce.  You lucky bastard.
It would have been better if you said "you magnificent bastard". :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on April 04, 2012, 09:48:59 PM
It would have been better if you said "you magnificent bastard". :(

You can only use that if you've read someone's book.