And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Josquius

Fist of the north star was awesome.

I'm bored. I think I've played every good gam ever.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

It's kind of great when you wake up later than you meant, then when you look at the computer clock and it turns out you accidentally set the other clock's time an hour later.  I get to take a break today. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2012, 06:27:24 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 06:25:20 PM
JFK was cooler.

JFK may have banged the best of them two at a time, but he never played up to the Trekkie crowd, and that was his failure.
Oswald made a serious mistake in blowing off the top of his skull before Star Trek came out.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2012, 05:00:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 04, 2012, 03:45:58 PM
I saw this on facebook under the comment 2016.

I'd vote for her.  Hell, I vote for her if she ran 2012.  I wish the Dems nominated her in 2008.

Apparently that pic appeared all over the social mediasphere yesterday. It also spawned this:

http://textsfromhillaryclinton.tumblr.com/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Octavian

Quote from: Ideologue on April 04, 2012, 11:19:57 PM
What do you guys think of these?  I've tried to make them kind of tricky, but not require more knowledge than you would expect from someone who went to school for twenty fucking years.

1.By whom was Harold Godwinson conquered in 1066?  (Guillaume le Batard)
2.This robotic Superman villain, considered by many to be his second greatest enemy, was the subject of a copyright dispute in 1962 between DC Comics and Edmund Berkely, the maker of a computer kit for children.  What is his name? (Brainiac)
3. What is 150/12?  (12.5)
4.  The two less famous members of the First Triumvirate were named Marcus Crassus and Gnaeus Pompeius.  Who is the other member?  Bear in mind you only get a point if you pronounce the name in something approaching the correct Latin.  (Iulius Caesar)
5.  The Qing Dynasty of China were of what ethnicity?  (Manchu, or Jurchen)
6.  What was the internationally recognized capital of China from 1949 to 1971? (Taipei)
7.  Who was the actress who played Travis Bickle's romantic date to the movies in Taxi Driver?  (Cybil Shepherd)
8.  If I were to use the adjective "Cytherean," what uncomfortable place would I be preferring to? (Venus)
9.  Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster created this obscure comic book character in 1939.  (Superman)
10.  This champion of the rights of the downtrodden was crucified by the Roman authorities in the first century B.C.  (Spartacus)

The fate of Spartacus after the final battle is unknown.  His body was never found.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Lettow77

Good night! Have I ever been so soaked? The rain I thought was just very stinging due to the extrewme wind, but that was hail.

I got a little cut up! extremely invigorating though, had a great time in it

I made a fine sight singing so loudly, but I doubt anyone had the presence of mind to take notice considering the circumstances

powerful weather.

Edit: Much more composed now. My roommate just came in, chittering and soaked

It's a perfect time for tea!
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Lettow77

I didn't know it was time to post pictures of tea drinking!

Everyone should have a folder of people drinking tea.

Admiral Yi

But he continued talking to his imaginary wife, so they gouged his eyes out.

Lettow77

It's actually proof of his relationship- when you grow sexually close to someone, your eyes have a way of disappearing

fact

Admiral Yi

Next they cut off his nose and drew a black line in the middle of his face.

CountDeMoney

I really wish Ultra Man would show up, and take a big wet steamer on Lettuce in his kimono.

Razgovory

Quote from: Octavian on April 05, 2012, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 04, 2012, 11:19:57 PM
What do you guys think of these?  I've tried to make them kind of tricky, but not require more knowledge than you would expect from someone who went to school for twenty fucking years.

1.By whom was Harold Godwinson conquered in 1066?  (Guillaume le Batard)
2.This robotic Superman villain, considered by many to be his second greatest enemy, was the subject of a copyright dispute in 1962 between DC Comics and Edmund Berkely, the maker of a computer kit for children.  What is his name? (Brainiac)
3. What is 150/12?  (12.5)
4.  The two less famous members of the First Triumvirate were named Marcus Crassus and Gnaeus Pompeius.  Who is the other member?  Bear in mind you only get a point if you pronounce the name in something approaching the correct Latin.  (Iulius Caesar)
5.  The Qing Dynasty of China were of what ethnicity?  (Manchu, or Jurchen)
6.  What was the internationally recognized capital of China from 1949 to 1971? (Taipei)
7.  Who was the actress who played Travis Bickle's romantic date to the movies in Taxi Driver?  (Cybil Shepherd)
8.  If I were to use the adjective "Cytherean," what uncomfortable place would I be preferring to? (Venus)
9.  Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster created this obscure comic book character in 1939.  (Superman)
10.  This champion of the rights of the downtrodden was crucified by the Roman authorities in the first century B.C.  (Spartacus)

The fate of Spartacus after the final battle is unknown.  His body was never found.

Spartacus didn't exist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017