And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lettow77

Miu- Languish, I am quite drunk on this Gekkeikan sake I was hording away against feelings of unease and despair. Gekkeikan is slave race, but you won't tell on me, will you?

I'd love to talk with all of you, except maybe those of you I don't like, which are so very few~

What shall we discuss?

Edit: You see, I feel it is only proper to preface any statements that may proceed from inebriated discussion with fair warning. However! after previous events, I will exercise masterful self-control from anything I feel to be in any way unbecoming. It will be a discussion tinged with propriety :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Barrister

What would you like to discuss Lettow?   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2012, 05:32:41 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 04, 2012, 02:49:46 AM
I've got some awful insomnia lately.  I come home from the document mines, feeling like I'm gonna pass out, then revive around midnight.  It's fucked up.

Yeah, I'm pretty only sleeping from 2am to 5am, with the occasional combat nap.  That's what people with sleep disorders do;  not sleep.
Impending severance and the whole "WTF am I going to do with the rest of my life within the next 60 to 90 days" thing doesn't help.

Do what I did: show up at noon every day, stare at screen, drink dozens of free sodas, get promoted. -_-

Well, not really.  Just got moved to quality control, though--the major benefit is that, barring unexpected settlement, I'll be among the last to get laid off when the project slouches toward Bethlehem, and among the first to be chosen for other ongoing gigs.

I also get to do trivia tomorrow.  These fuckers better be up on their great battles and comic books.

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

hmm. Not race, again. :(

Tea is great, Barrister! Do you drink it, yourself? I had quotas at one point, but gradually settled to drinking the amount I liked. I drink a lot every day of every kinds. I think it is my principal luxury expense.

I am watching a pretty old anime I thought was bad, but it's proven to be alright, although -quite- melodramatic. It was influential in the yuri subtext genre apparently, and I do admit I can see ideas that would later be expressed (better) in the likes of Maria-sama ga miteru in it.

Can you even believe pink salons are a thing? That sounds very decadent and scandalous to my sensibilities. I hope Japan doesn't shatter my preconceptions and leave me at sea- that would be pretty ruinous

Ideologue

I drink sweet tea on occasion.  DELICIOUS.  But fattening.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 04, 2012, 10:16:33 PM
hmm. Not race, again. :(

Tea is great, Barrister! Do you drink it, yourself? I had quotas at one point, but gradually settled to drinking the amount I liked. I drink a lot every day of every kinds. I think it is my principal luxury expense.

I am watching a pretty old anime I thought was bad, but it's proven to be alright, although -quite- melodramatic. It was influential in the yuri subtext genre apparently, and I do admit I can see ideas that would later be expressed (better) in the likes of Maria-sama ga miteru in it.

Can you even believe pink salons are a thing? That sounds very decadent and scandalous to my sensibilities. I hope Japan doesn't shatter my preconceptions and leave me at sea- that would be pretty ruinous

I have a real fondness for mint tea.  Has a nice sharp bite to it, but no caffeine.

I'm afraid I am completely ill-equipped to discuss anime.

WTF is a pink salon?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

It sounds delightful.  Tell us more.
Kinemalogue

Lettow77

A pink salon is one of the many japanese prositution industries that skirts their narrowly defined definition of prostitution and is thus legal. It is principally preoccupied with providing oral sex, frequently while the customer is drinking, for instance, tea

this is both unfortunate and desirable

I understand not wanting to discuss anime, or rather, not being in a position to do so. Morrocan tea is heavily mint-based; I was shocked by how much tea morrocans drink. It may be superficial that this improved my opinion of the place.

I mostly like very plain and bitter green tea. I took my roommate's cheerilee, but he won't let me brush his hair. He's very forebearing and charming though, and was tolerant of me accidentally spilling his water. I cleaned it up.

Ideologue

May I sub extra oral sex for the tea?
Kinemalogue

Lettow77

I honestly don't have any idea. I don't think multiple iterations of oral sex can stack concurrently; I presume you'd need to book another unit of time.?

In any event, prostitution is demeaning and whatnot.

The magic of this anime is such that it conspires to have a major character named "saint-juste-sama."
how absurdly quaint!

The class S genre has a becoming preoccupation with France

I think i'll return to Memphis this weekend, although I do not typically do so. This will entail a shortage of internet, but I've checked out some literature to keep me busy- Kafka on the shore  & beauty and sadness. The  last work by the author Beauty and Sadness that I read was snow country, and I didn't like it very much. I'd call it: bleak and pointless, with elements of sexual inpropriety

katmai

What about great battles in comic books?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 04, 2012, 10:22:31 PM
I took my roommate's cheerilee, but he won't let me brush his hair.

Does he let you give him foot massages?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

What do you guys think of these?  I've tried to make them kind of tricky, but not require more knowledge than you would expect from someone who went to school for twenty fucking years.

1.By whom was Harold Godwinson conquered in 1066?  (Guillaume le Batard)
2.This robotic Superman villain, considered by many to be his second greatest enemy, was the subject of a copyright dispute in 1962 between DC Comics and Edmund Berkely, the maker of a computer kit for children.  What is his name? (Brainiac)
3. What is 150/12?  (12.5)
4.  The two less famous members of the First Triumvirate were named Marcus Crassus and Gnaeus Pompeius.  Who is the other member?  Bear in mind you only get a point if you pronounce the name in something approaching the correct Latin.  (Iulius Caesar)
5.  The Qing Dynasty of China were of what ethnicity?  (Manchu, or Jurchen)
6.  What was the internationally recognized capital of China from 1949 to 1971? (Taipei)
7.  Who was the actress who played Travis Bickle's romantic date to the movies in Taxi Driver?  (Cybil Shepherd)
8.  If I were to use the adjective "Cytherean," what uncomfortable place would I be preferring to? (Venus)
9.  Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster created this obscure comic book character in 1939.  (Superman)
10.  This champion of the rights of the downtrodden was crucified by the Roman authorities in the first century B.C.  (Spartacus)
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on April 04, 2012, 11:19:57 PM
8.  If I were to use the adjective "Cytherean," what uncomfortable place would I be preferring to? (Venus)

I prefer "Perelandran".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?