And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2012, 05:32:41 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 04, 2012, 02:49:46 AM
I've got some awful insomnia lately.  I come home from the document mines, feeling like I'm gonna pass out, then revive around midnight.  It's fucked up.

Yeah, I'm pretty only sleeping from 2am to 5am, with the occasional combat nap.  That's what people with sleep disorders do;  not sleep.
Impending severance and the whole "WTF am I going to do with the rest of my life within the next 60 to 90 days" thing doesn't help.

:hug:

I've had that feeling for a while.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Danish guy meets Austrian woman, they marry and have a child, woman moves to Austria with child, says: "fuck you" to guy. Danish court rules the child should stay in Denmark, woman says: "fuck you" to court, stays in Austria. Austrian court rules woman is right, says: "fuck you" to Danish court.

Guy "kidnaps" child in Austria, brings him to Denmark. Austrian court issues international arrest order for guy. Danish police says: "fuck you" to Austria, leaves guy alone.

Europe works.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2012, 05:32:41 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 04, 2012, 02:49:46 AM
I've got some awful insomnia lately.  I come home from the document mines, feeling like I'm gonna pass out, then revive around midnight.  It's fucked up.

Yeah, I'm pretty only sleeping from 2am to 5am, with the occasional combat nap.  That's what people with sleep disorders do;  not sleep.
Impending severance and the whole "WTF am I going to do with the rest of my life within the next 60 to 90 days" thing doesn't help.

I was like that for a while, when I was in middle school and highschool.  Eventually I suffered a psychotic break and that seemed to fix everything.  Well the sleeping part, at least.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on April 04, 2012, 08:06:34 AM
Danish guy meets Austrian woman, they marry and have a child, woman moves to Austria with child, says: "fuck you" to guy. Danish court rules the child should stay in Denmark, woman says: "fuck you" to court, stays in Austria. Austrian court rules woman is right, says: "fuck you" to Danish court.

Guy "kidnaps" child in Austria, brings him to Denmark. Austrian court issues international arrest order for guy. Danish police says: "fuck you" to Austria, leaves guy alone.

Europe works.

Heard of cases like that between France and Germany as well. "Bruxelles II" supposed to be slowly change things towards ultimate local jurisdiction for the country the child is living in and/or the divorce was started. Hence, such "kidnappings".

Razgovory

You know, I really like the new fries at Wendy's.  Also my hand hurts ever since I read that thread Scip started on Diablo 3.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Wendy's changed their fries? I rather liked the old ones.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 04, 2012, 10:54:35 AM

They have sea salt.

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 04, 2012, 10:54:35 AM

They changed their fries back in 2010 when they started using sea salt.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Lettow77

After a disappointing result in a Japanese test today, I have made the crucial decision not to order a couple days' fasting and meditation on the failure. Although I am quite taken in by the romance of it, I am forced to conclude from a semester of findings that these periods of fasting serve to make me hungry and even greater displays of marathon sleeping, but do not necessarily increase performance in the class of concern. Studying is in theory the way forward, but it is a matter of willpower, as ever. The will to deprive myself of something is separate from the will to proactively learn on my own time; even so, I study the moon runes independently a fairly great deal, but it is a capricious and willful field that only reveals itself when some ineffable conditions have been satisfied.

I place a high priority on understanding and success in the study of holy sacred runes and the attendant moon speech they are used to transcribe, as I consider it linked to my future in a way no previous classes have been. Unfortunately, this prioritization does not necessarily correlate to flawless comprehension of the material.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

You forgot the pic without the glasses on.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

I saw this on facebook under the comment 2016.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.