News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I've never had a flu shot.

Nor have I really considered getting one.

Habbaku

Ditto.  I think I may have had the flu once in my life.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2012, 01:03:52 AM

Lol, Burger has the AIDS.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Would that image count as racist?
I'm uncertain....the joke is on the racist cops but....hmm...
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Not appreciating clocks springing forwards...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2012, 01:03:52 AM

I should get the shot every year, being immuno-depressed and all that. Still, the only time I've had the flu (mild as it was) was when I got the shot for that strain that popped up a couple years ago. :lol:

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on March 11, 2012, 04:05:03 AM
Not appreciating clocks springing forwards...

No kidding.  Between a nap yesterday pushing my internal clock forward, and a CK2 game that ran long, I'm pretty tired. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: mongers on March 10, 2012, 05:34:08 PM
Got chatting with a homeless man I bumped into in a Dorset town today, interesting character. His parting words were "stay away from psychiatrists", does he know something I don't ?  :hmm:

Did you get Tom Cruise's autograph?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 09, 2012, 04:42:29 AM
Languish! I feel so wonderful! I wish there was someone besides you to tell that to right now, but the solitude does not tamper my joy very much. Actually, it's hard to get in these euphoric moods when the dashing young prince is around to ground me, or there are internet people to keep me distracted from my own mind.

I made a moontube account, switched my regional settings to Japanese, and now the computer is covered in moon runes. Man, i've been studying this whole break, here in my crystal fortress. I'm going to make it into Japan and get a job, I know I can. The only real threat is that i'll despair and kill myself first, and I've almost certainly passed that hurdle. I can almost see my life there now- what changes will I make to myself, given a whole new beginning?

It's going to be over a year before I can get there permanently. This isn't a limbo, though- Even though i'm waiting for my new life to start, I have beautiful people around me, and I can enjoy the floating world of ingesting culture and sipping tea. So much tea, languish! This existence of relaxation and learning is not so disagreeable.  I want to get closer to some of you, here. It makes me regret the act some of you seem to put on- who is the real Neil, for instance? Of course I like Neil a great deal, but how would one go about talking to the man rather than the character?

I am happy to tell languish that it has a sincere, open and honest personage in me, by contrast :)

I am not sure what to do with this beautiful feeling. It seems a shame to visit neo venezia when life is already so great, and the concentration creating something takes might snap me out of it. I suppose it is fitting for my nature that this happiness can only be enjoyed in inaction. If anything, I wish I had someone to hug and cuddle with. But the pursuit of such things is a desire I've learned to silence; the oath I swore not to satisfy this craving is not so much of a much.

If anything, I could enjoy an eclair now, languish. Cake is the natural companion for your tea.
Is an elcair really a cake?  I've always considered it to be more of a pastry.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

MadBurgerMaker

Robitussin cures everything.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 11, 2012, 02:44:45 PM
Robitussin cures everything.

Yeah. I saw that the other night, too.  GET THA TUSSIN ONNAT