News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

All the Oil ads i get are companies threatening to leave the Oilfields if I don't tell my Reps to give them a better tax break as we tax them too much :lmfao:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on March 08, 2012, 10:27:06 PM
All the Oil ads i get are companies threatening to leave the Oilfields if I don't tell my Reps to give them a better tax break as we tax them too much :lmfao:
where they threatening to go? :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jaron

Today I did an interview, and I denied the applicant a second interview because I didn't like his appearance. I wonder if I'm being too picky. :hmm:

His clothes were several sizes too large, he didn't tuck his shirt in, and wasn't wearing a tie. And he had a ferocious neckbeard. I said "Fuck no" in my head.  :ph34r:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

You sir are the devil.
Who cares if his clothes don't fit right. Maybe its the only suit he has. Maybe its all he can afford.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on March 09, 2012, 03:04:02 AM
You sir are the devil.
Who cares if his clothes don't fit right. Maybe its the only suit he has. Maybe its all he can afford.

He's come a long way from the drive-thru at the JITB.  Forgets where he came from.

fhdz

But seriously: neckbeards are retarded.
and the horse you rode in on

jimmy olsen

Quote from: fahdiz on March 09, 2012, 03:25:51 AM
But seriously: neckbeards are retarded.
Henry David Thoreau and Lebron James disagree.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

Languish! I feel so wonderful! I wish there was someone besides you to tell that to right now, but the solitude does not tamper my joy very much. Actually, it's hard to get in these euphoric moods when the dashing young prince is around to ground me, or there are internet people to keep me distracted from my own mind.

I made a moontube account, switched my regional settings to Japanese, and now the computer is covered in moon runes. Man, i've been studying this whole break, here in my crystal fortress. I'm going to make it into Japan and get a job, I know I can. The only real threat is that i'll despair and kill myself first, and I've almost certainly passed that hurdle. I can almost see my life there now- what changes will I make to myself, given a whole new beginning?

It's going to be over a year before I can get there permanently. This isn't a limbo, though- Even though i'm waiting for my new life to start, I have beautiful people around me, and I can enjoy the floating world of ingesting culture and sipping tea. So much tea, languish! This existence of relaxation and learning is not so disagreeable.  I want to get closer to some of you, here. It makes me regret the act some of you seem to put on- who is the real Neil, for instance? Of course I like Neil a great deal, but how would one go about talking to the man rather than the character?

I am happy to tell languish that it has a sincere, open and honest personage in me, by contrast :)

I am not sure what to do with this beautiful feeling. It seems a shame to visit neo venezia when life is already so great, and the concentration creating something takes might snap me out of it. I suppose it is fitting for my nature that this happiness can only be enjoyed in inaction. If anything, I wish I had someone to hug and cuddle with. But the pursuit of such things is a desire I've learned to silence; the oath I swore not to satisfy this craving is not so much of a much.

If anything, I could enjoy an eclair now, languish. Cake is the natural companion for your tea.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

citizen k

Tamas

Quote from: citizen k on March 09, 2012, 05:14:12 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 09, 2012, 05:08:55 AM
You're a dickhead.

No tea for you.

:lol:

IDK, but dealing with that high-flying wall of text with "you're a dickhead" is poetry

Eddie Teach

Dickhead's not really the word I'd choose.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

A Communist was made (dick) head of Swedish military intelligence. :bleeding: WTF
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on March 08, 2012, 12:04:57 PM
Just watched the Kony 2012 video that's been viralling (is that a word?). Anyhoo, excellent viral marketing, but any video with a cameo by Shephard Fairey congratulating himself for being awesome gets a dislike in my book.

I thought white suburban kids normally went into causes that didn't call for armed conflict?

Yeah the Kony 2012 thing was weird and naturally I didn't trust it.  If you want to help Africans contribute money to serious organizations that fund economic developement and health care services.  These little trendy causes are usually bogus and driven by people of dubious motives.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on March 09, 2012, 09:41:19 AM
A Communist was made (dick) head of Swedish military intelligence. :bleeding: WTF

Will he use the Swedish Military to overthrow the Capitalist oppressors?  I presume there are still a few of those in Sweden.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."