News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on November 28, 2011, 07:31:18 PM
I've been trying to think of a funny joke to make about how bad things seem to be, but they've all fallen flat.

Someone cheer me up.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I didn't like it till I realized when he took off his sunglasses he still had sunglasses on.  That's a nice touch.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

He's putting them on, actually.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

I've just rearranged all my furniture yet again.
This is becoming a habit...
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

MadBurgerMaker

Man, my mom's Passat has the dumbest problem ever, and the VW dealership can't fix it (and apparently they've talked to whoever in Germany, and they can't figure it out either):

It's not that it won't start, or that it breaks down, or whatever.......the thing sometimes won't turn off.   :lol:  She takes the key out and it just keeps running for some random length of time until it decides on it's own that it will turn off. 

She's up at the dealership for the fourth time now waiting for a rental car.  Every time she tells me about it, I just think about what a stupid fucking problem that is to have.  And also that she needs to start thinking about lemon laws and all that.  This is nearly a $30,000 car.  The damn thing should at least turn off, right?

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 29, 2011, 08:11:02 AM
Marmite spill closes M1:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/nov/29/marmite-spill-m1?CMP=twt_fd

There are NO pictures so far :ultra:
Marmite spill causes jam...the headline makes me giggle.

And I love that there are Marmite Tankers.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 29, 2011, 10:55:02 AM
Man, my mom's Passat has the dumbest problem ever, and the VW dealership can't fix it (and apparently they've talked to whoever in Germany, and they can't figure it out either):

It's not that it won't start, or that it breaks down, or whatever.......the thing sometimes won't turn off.   :lol:  She takes the key out and it just keeps running for some random length of time until it decides on it's own that it will turn off. 

She's up at the dealership for the fourth time now waiting for a rental car.  Every time she tells me about it, I just think about what a stupid fucking problem that is to have.  And also that she needs to start thinking about lemon laws and all that.  This is nearly a $30,000 car.  The damn thing should at least turn off, right?
I recall reading about this problem on VW Vortex.  I think the solution was in the ignition, though I don't remember.

Grey Fox

Gawd, I hate shopping for a new cell phone. All a bunch of crooks with hidden fees & confusing websites. (When they work, rogers.com & fido.ca are currently down)

:ultra:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: DGuller on November 29, 2011, 12:12:59 PM
I recall reading about this problem on VW Vortex.  I think the solution was in the ignition, though I don't remember.

The ignition was the first thing the dealership "fixed."  One issue they're having is it's very difficult to replicate the problem, since it's apparently completely random.  They've gotten it to do it once while it's been there, but it didn't stay on long enough for them to get the diagnostic stuff hooked up or whatever. 

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on November 29, 2011, 10:56:18 AM
And I love that there are Marmite Tankers.
I know.  I'd no idea.  It makes me wonder what other condiments are transported by tanker.  Could we have a mayonnaise or mustard spill? :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Just watching Paul McMullan's testimony at the Leveson inquiry.  The guy really is central casting journoscum, but he's good to listen to.  'Privacy is for paedos' :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

I wonder if I could fake French proficiency enough to do a French doc review project.  Je m'apelle est Hunter et j'ai lu bien le francais!

Mon dieu, je veux a mourir.  Pourquoi ne pas?  Je ne suis meme pas en vie. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on November 28, 2011, 02:45:00 PM
i have a CD player in my car. At work I have itunes with 5500 songs installed.

I do listen to the news and traffic for about 10 minutes when I first get out.

Listening to CDs in the car? How antiquated. I connect my ipod via the audio jack and listen to everything I've crammed onto that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.