News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

My CD player doesn't work.  I guess I could listen to an MP3 player but meh.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Quote from: Josephus on November 28, 2011, 01:27:54 PM
You guys still listen to radio? :huh: That's like reading newspapers.

I listen to the morning news and classical music over breakfast.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

What else are you gonna do when driving?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

i listen to the radio at work.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

I listen to a lot of internet radio.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 28, 2011, 02:08:25 PM

What else are you gonna do when driving?

i have a CD player in my car. At work I have itunes with 5500 songs installed.

I do listen to the news and traffic for about 10 minutes when I first get out.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

I listen to talk radio in my car. I listen to podcasts at work.

My work commute isn't nearly long enough for me to bother with picking music.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on November 28, 2011, 02:57:11 PM
Satellite radio. :punk:

Satellite radio is fine, if you had to go to radio. My point is i only listen to music (not a talk radio fan) and with an Ipod that has over 5,000 songs, it even beats satellite radio.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Assembling that collection takes time and (if acquired legally) money. It also doesn't expose you to songs you've never heard before until after you've already got them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 28, 2011, 04:01:33 PM
It also doesn't expose you to songs you've never heard before until after you've already got them.

:yes:

I've been thinking about getting Sirius for a while now.  My wife has it, and it's pretty slick, but I've just never gotten around to it mostly due to the fact that I have to get this module doohickey installed before I can activate it.  It's all wired for it and has a sat radio and all that, and it has a nice little platform inside a cubbyhole in the trunk for the module, but for some reason it just didn't come with this thing.

E:  This: http://www.audipartssuperstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=70

Installation: http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec115.shtml

I've looked for the wiring, but the shit seems to have fallen down to where I can't get to it, so I need to have the Best Buy nerds take care of it.

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 28, 2011, 04:01:33 PM
Assembling that collection takes time and (if acquired legally) money. It also doesn't expose you to songs you've never heard before until after you've already got them.

Every CD/LP/Cassette/MP3 I own has been legally acquired. Yes, it's taken time...about 35 years (I'm 45).

RE: your latter point, that's a fair argument for radio..10 years ago... there are now plenty of streaming sites that stream music. Also, I read voraciously. I'm a huge music fan. I know what I like, and where to hear it first.

MadBurgerMaker

Wait, so my options are:

Hit up streaming music sites while I'm at home so I know what songs I like, read everything I can about music so I know exactly what I'm going to like, and then buy 5,000 songs, or.....

.....listen to the radio??

:P

E: Whoa funky spacing from phone posting

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on November 28, 2011, 02:57:11 PM
Satellite radio. :punk:

Bah! I read reviews & it sounds like they are worse then the Cellular cartel.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

I've been trying to think of a funny joke to make about how bad things seem to be, but they've all fallen flat.

Someone cheer me up.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)