News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

EPIC Act: End Pensions in Congress Act

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

I thought Kay Hagan was one of ours.  :(

http://www.standalone-sysadmin.com/blog/2011/11/usa-computer-professionals-update-act/

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-1747

I already don't get overtime. But--solidarity brothers. Let's hack her.

If farmers and truckers block roads when they go on strike, what would IT people do??   :menace:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

lustindarkness

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 02, 2011, 01:55:05 AM
The joy of Congressional acronyms:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/johnson/2011/11/legislative-titles

Why do they do this?  Also I didn't know that the PATRIOT Act only wanted to 'Obstruct' not 'Stop' terrorism :mellow:

I particularly like the anti-Obamacare REPEAL (Revoke Excessive Policies that Encroach on American Liberties) Act and the, probably 1990s, FRIENDSHIP Act (For Reform In Emerging New Democracies and Support and Help for Improved Partnership with Russia, Ukraine, and Other New Independent States).

Interesting.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Larch

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Jacob

So, I went to Bikram Yoga this morning (you do yoga in a room that's like 40ºC/ 105ºF; sweaty stuff). I'm not big into yoga, but once in a while my wife drags me out. I don't mind too much, it's good to get some stretches in and the room is normally mostly full of fairly shapely women in very skimpy clothing.

This time, I was right behind a tall Asian lady. She wasn't unattractive, and she was really quite good; a regular yoga star. I mean, I was mostly focused on my own stuff and trying not to fall over, but if once in a while you have to look somewhere and someone's lightly clothed crotch is going to be splayed out a few feet from your face you'd rather it be someone you think is attractive, right? Right. You notice this stuff.

We're headed back from class and our friend (our realtor, as it happens, and rather pretty too) tells us something happened in the showers. The ladies shower (like the men's) has three stalls. One is wheelchair friendly; it's slightly bigger and has both a fixed overhead shower head and a hand held one.

So our friend is in the wheelchair friendly stall doing her thing, when the Asian lady I was behind pulls the curtain back. She gestures at the hand held shower head and says "do you mind if I use that?"

Before my friend can say anything, Ms. Yoga Star is in the stall with, lathering up. She accidentally knocks one of the fixtures down, and the two have to scramble to reattach it. They're in rather close proximity. My friend has to reach across the other girl to reach the soap.

Awkward.

Then, to top it off, Ms. Yoga Star starts shaving her pubic hair. Right there, less than half a foot away.

My friend is rather incredulous as she recounts the experience.

All I can say (having quickly checked that I'm outside of punching distance from my wife) is "I think I saw a movie like that once."

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

If any of you losers have noticed that my formatting has suffered recently, I have switched most of of my interwebs use to the iPad. The on screen keyboard sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Nothing makes a Sunday evening like my biweekly Callin' O' The Cops on the dazzling urbanites downstairs.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2011, 06:10:45 PM
Nothing makes a Sunday evening like my biweekly Callin' O' The Cops on the dazzling urbanites downstairs.

What do they do to warrant this tradition?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on December 04, 2011, 06:12:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2011, 06:10:45 PM

What do they do to warrant this tradition?

Playing their nigger fuck music loud enough to shake my windows.

Neil

It also allows the cops to search the house for weed, and thus hopefully net them some nice prison terms.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Inspired by my Rome thread.  :sleep:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point