Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Pat

Pat

LOL THAT WAS SO FAIR. 2-1 to Brazil after a clear offside goal. Now 2-2 in the 122nd minute in the second of third additional minutes after 30 minutes of extra time. Now penalties!

Josephus

Quote from: Pat on July 10, 2011, 12:19:19 PM
Don't know if anyone is watching the womens soccer WC but it's Brazil - USA right now and the ref really screwed it up giving a red card to a US player and a penalty, and then when the keeper makes a save then let them take the penalty again for no obvious reason. :tinfoil: So I'm cheering for the US right now. Go USA!

That was a great game. I don't normally cheer the Americans on in anything, but I did this game. Couldn't have been scripted better either. What a finish.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

World cup in American football, USA is up by 3 touchdowns at halftime against Germany.

Not a particular good game.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on July 10, 2011, 04:13:23 PM
World cup in American football, USA is up by 3 touchdowns at halftime against Germany.

Not a particular good game.

What a stupid idea.

Ed Anger

QuoteWorld cup in American football

LOL. The entire concept of a world governing body for American football or a world cup makes me giggle.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Pat

Quote from: Josephus on July 10, 2011, 01:28:39 PM
Quote from: Pat on July 10, 2011, 12:19:19 PM
Don't know if anyone is watching the womens soccer WC but it's Brazil - USA right now and the ref really screwed it up giving a red card to a US player and a penalty, and then when the keeper makes a save then let them take the penalty again for no obvious reason. :tinfoil: So I'm cheering for the US right now. Go USA!

That was a great game. I don't normally cheer the Americans on in anything, but I did this game. Couldn't have been scripted better either. What a finish.

Me neither but man we were screaming out loud in the couch when they scored 2-2. What an awesome game really.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 04:15:36 PM

LOL. The entire concept of a world governing body for American football or a world cup makes me giggle.

American football against other countries would be interesting.  Since sheer bulk is important it would be interesting to see Arab or Japanese players.

"We are at the end of the first quarter and there has only been two fatalities, a good start for Cambodia."
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Agelastus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2011, 04:59:05 PM

American football against other countries would be interesting.  Since sheer bulk is important it would be interesting to see Arab or Japanese players.

"We are at the end of the first quarter and there has only been two fatalities, a good start for Cambodia."

Japan might put on a better show than you think; there Rugby Union side is a long way from being the worst in the world.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Razgovory

Missing glove department door cover?  Pass.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2011, 06:04:29 PM
Missing glove department door cover?  Pass.

:lol:

Kentucky door cover: Cardboard and duct tape.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2011, 04:59:05 PM

I only just heard of such a thing a few days ago.  Apparently Canada is sending its first team ever over.  But of course since the CFL is in full swing we're hardly sending our A team to participate.  I gather it's a bunch of either retired players, or never made it in the first place.

Supposedly they want to try and get recognized by the IOC and play in the olympics.  I don't see how that is possible, but whatever.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Considering America is the only country which takes that game seriously it would be a stretch to call it a world cup...it'd be like the cricket world cup only being Australia and then...tanzania and botswana and the like. Countries where the game is known and played by some but not to any level worth a damn.
At the least when there's internationals in Gaelic and Australian rules football they play halved rule switching with each other.

QuoteJapan might put on a better show than you think; there Rugby Union side is a long way from being the worst in the world.
Rugby is a real sport in Japan though. Pretty popular amongst some of their public schools, and even the snobbier state schools and unis, apparently.

Looking this thing up though...lol
Japan has won twice and the US only once. WTF?
I guess its seen as such a joke the US doesn't send any decent players? Like the way England looked down at the early footbal world cup so much it didn't even enter?
██████
██████
██████