Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tyr on October 16, 2009, 01:24:24 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 16, 2009, 07:18:30 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 16, 2009, 06:45:33 AM
I've got a new electric shaver, I am teh happy. (yes, small things please me)

Good shavers are always nice. It's also one of those things where it's a good idea to go more expensive.
I've no clue how much mine cost...I should look it up, its a birthay present.

In other news- wow.
The cat I last saw 2 weeks ago and had written off for dead....I saw him in a graveyard on the other side of the city tonight :blink:

Dead, alive, or zombie?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 17, 2009, 05:26:38 AM
Dead, alive, or zombie?
Alive.
Or maybe a ghost.
He looked back at me when I called his name then walked off into the shadows....
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

Josquius

I'm watching the football today on some American channel.
The halftime discussion is by Warren Barton and some Yank host- damn he sucks. He doesn't say Portsmouth, oh no, he tries to be cool and use their nickname Pompy....except he always pronounces it like poppy....
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Savonarola on October 16, 2009, 01:13:28 PM
Garbon was right all along:

QuotePoll: Hillary Clinton more popular than Barack Obama
Posted: October 15th, 2009 11:49 AM ET

From CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

Poll: Hillary Clinton more popular than Barack Obama.
WASHINGTON (CNN) – She lost to him in last year's battle for the Democratic presidential nomination, but a new national poll suggests that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is now more popular than her boss, President Barack Obama.

A Gallup survey released Thursday indicates that 62 percent of Americans hold a favorable view of Clinton, 6 points higher than the 56 percent who view Obama favorably.

According to the poll, the president's favorable rating has dropped 22 points from its inaugural-month level in January. The survey indicates that Clinton's favorable rating has only edged down 3 points since the beginning of the year.

Nine in 10 Democrats questioned in the poll view both Obama and Clinton favorably, with independents split. Fewer than one in five Republicans hold a favorable opinion of the president, while 35 percent see Clinton in a positive light. According to the survey, Obama has dropped 23 points with independents and 41 points with Republicans since January, while Clinton has dropped just 6 points among independents and stayed even among Republicans since the start of 2009.

"This is a common pattern in recent polling," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice consistently had higher favorable ratings than George W. Bush. Madeleine Albright was more popular than Bill Clinton. Secretaries of State don't get blamed for economic problems or unpopular domestic policies, and they often don't get the same share of the blame as the commander-in-Chief for international slip-ups either."

The Gallup telephone poll of 1,013 adults was conducted October 1-4, before the president was named winner of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 4 percentage points.

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Time for a coup! :swiss:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

While sitting here cooking bacon, I decided that vegetarians and the like are not to be trusted. Who could sanely give up bacon?! :mmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2009, 10:23:04 PM
While sitting here cooking bacon, I decided that vegetarians and the like are not to be trusted. Who could sanely give up bacon?! :mmm:

I've always said I couldn't survive as a Jew or a Muslim, pork is just too sublime.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Zanza

Should Martinus write all his posts with this pretty useless tool  someone posted on Paradox?

Syt

I am happy to report that the following piece has survived my recent computer's untimely death.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Zanza on October 18, 2009, 03:54:17 AM
Should Martinus write all his posts with this pretty useless tool  someone posted on Paradox?

I demand that this henceforth be integrated into the forum software
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on October 18, 2009, 04:19:46 AM
I am happy to report that the following piece has survived my recent computer's untimely death.

It is the duty of all Languishers to save that to their HD, in order to preserve it for posterity.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 18, 2009, 08:25:08 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 18, 2009, 04:19:46 AM

It is the duty of all Languishers to save that to their HD, in order to preserve it for posterity.

The Gestapo will have a good laugh when they find that on my hard drive.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 18, 2009, 09:03:00 AM

That's funny as balls, but I'll be damned if that's going to show up anywhere on my hard drive other than in the temp cache.
Experience bij!

Agelastus

Relatives coming tomorrow, and for the first time in years I can't avoid them by "working late"... :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Malthus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 18, 2009, 12:39:21 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 18, 2009, 09:03:00 AM

That's funny as balls, but I'll be damned if that's going to show up anywhere on my hard drive other than in the temp cache.

Heh, I'm tempted to make it my screensaver. That'll puzzle any snoopy relations that drop by.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius