Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Brazen on October 15, 2009, 08:02:00 AM
Drunkest guy in the world gets more beer:
http://www.break.com/index/drunkest-guy-ever-goes-for-more-beer.html
:lmfao: I thought it couldn't get any better after he couldn't get off the floor for all that time.  The ending with the bowl proved me wrong. :D
Experience bij!

Barrister

Two of my teammates are sick - we've had to cancel curling for tonight. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on October 15, 2009, 12:08:23 PM
You are sooooooo Canadian.
██████
██████
██████

Savonarola

Could you simulate the thrill by drinking a case of Molson while sweeping out your garage? :Canuck:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Grey Fox

It's ok. You can sit back, relax & watch some Hockey.

(or you know, move your damn xbox)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on October 15, 2009, 12:29:19 PM
You are sooooooo Canadian.

Thank you.

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on October 15, 2009, 12:30:46 PM

Could you simulate the thrill by drinking a case of Molson while sweeping out your garage? :Canuck:

The beer drinking comes after the sweeping. :contract:

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 15, 2009, 12:36:31 PM

It's ok. You can sit back, relax & watch some Hockey.

(or you know, move your damn xbox)

Hockey - meh.  I can't get excited about an 82 game regular season.

And the XBox wouldn't look right being played on a 19" tv.   :(

Josquius

I've got a new electric shaver, I am teh happy. (yes, small things please me)
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

2 weeks to go!

Well, hopefully.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tyr on October 16, 2009, 06:45:33 AM

Good shavers are always nice. It's also one of those things where it's a good idea to go more expensive.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

HisMajestyBOB

I'm drunk and bored. I'm torn between what games I'd like to play - I really want to play Strategic Command: Pacific Theater, but I'm not sober enough and I'll probably ruin the Japanese empire. I'm also tempted by started a Steel Panthers campaign, but I'm just not feeling it - I know I'm gonna get a few maps in, or just a few turns, then never play that save again.

Hmm, maybe my UK HoI2 game. I've already annihilated the Hun and Wop navies, and I've got over half a year before I get to sink the Nip navy.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grey Fox

Savonarola

Garbon was right all along:

QuotePoll: Hillary Clinton more popular than Barack Obama
Posted: October 15th, 2009 11:49 AM ET

From CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

Poll: Hillary Clinton more popular than Barack Obama.
WASHINGTON (CNN) – She lost to him in last year's battle for the Democratic presidential nomination, but a new national poll suggests that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is now more popular than her boss, President Barack Obama.

A Gallup survey released Thursday indicates that 62 percent of Americans hold a favorable view of Clinton, 6 points higher than the 56 percent who view Obama favorably.

According to the poll, the president's favorable rating has dropped 22 points from its inaugural-month level in January. The survey indicates that Clinton's favorable rating has only edged down 3 points since the beginning of the year.

Nine in 10 Democrats questioned in the poll view both Obama and Clinton favorably, with independents split. Fewer than one in five Republicans hold a favorable opinion of the president, while 35 percent see Clinton in a positive light. According to the survey, Obama has dropped 23 points with independents and 41 points with Republicans since January, while Clinton has dropped just 6 points among independents and stayed even among Republicans since the start of 2009.

"This is a common pattern in recent polling," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice consistently had higher favorable ratings than George W. Bush. Madeleine Albright was more popular than Bill Clinton. Secretaries of State don't get blamed for economic problems or unpopular domestic policies, and they often don't get the same share of the blame as the commander-in-Chief for international slip-ups either."

The Gallup telephone poll of 1,013 adults was conducted October 1-4, before the president was named winner of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 4 percentage points.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 16, 2009, 07:18:30 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 16, 2009, 06:45:33 AM

Good shavers are always nice. It's also one of those things where it's a good idea to go more expensive.
I've no clue how much mine cost...I should look it up, its a birthay present.

In other news- wow.
The cat I last saw 2 weeks ago and had written off for dead....I saw him in a graveyard on the other side of the city tonight :blink:
██████
██████
██████