News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

I would like to see the next panel, it looks like he just realized something.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Who is the weird transparent pink guy?
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HisMajestyBOB

Does anyone have any issues with Instacart's website being hot slow garbage? Whenever I search, I press a key and the letters appear seconds later. No other website has this problem, and I'm running adblock and no script in Mozilla.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Syt

From the Corona demo in Berlin yesterday:

"Better dead than a whole life in fear!!!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

People have talked about the character limits of Twitter aggravating conflict and hostility.  I wonder if there's a similar phenomenon caused by the camera phone.

Josquius

It seems to be such a thing for far right cunts to look smug and get out their camera phones whenever they get into an argument.
This dude though looks terrified.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Why do you assume people protesting masks are far right?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 30, 2020, 03:21:50 PM

There were other clues from that particular demonstration.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2020, 03:25:26 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 30, 2020, 03:21:50 PM

There were other clues from that particular demonstration.
And the UK one (though there were far left conspiracy folks as well) - like the BUF flag.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Plus just look at where all the comments about the corona conspiracy are coming from. It's not the Bernie fans.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

At the Berlin demonstration, you had a strange mix of Nazis and leftist, esoteric, anti-vax people. This latter group is in the tradition of Anthroposophy, which always had quite a following among left intellectuals here.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on August 30, 2020, 04:19:11 PM
At the Berlin demonstration, you had a strange mix of Nazis and leftist, esoteric, anti-vax people. This latter group is in the tradition of Anthroposophy, which always had quite a following among left intellectuals here.

Not surprising.
Anti-vaccines, anti-5G people have lots of Greens among them in France as well, including politicians such as the newly elected mayor of Marseille or a Green European MP (deputy-leader of the list). The ™Big Pharma™ theme is very popular among them.

Josquius

Drawing awfully close to the fine people on both sides thing here.
Left wing lunatics exist definitely. Go watch that episode of Louis Theroux where he spends time with the survivalists in North Dakota....
But in terms of numbers we're talking 80:20 at best/worst.
██████
██████
██████