News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on January 24, 2020, 03:42:48 PM
And I can't believe I forgot to mention that Goop sells a candle called "This Smells Like My Vagina"! :o

https://shop.goop.com/shop/products/this-smells-like-my-vagina-candle?country=CAN

I was thinking I wouldn't mind knowing what Gwyneth's vagina smelled like, but I'll be damned if I pay $75 for the privilege.

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on January 24, 2020, 02:52:57 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 24, 2020, 02:25:33 AM
This calls for a duel

This calls for a dual.

Man, I suck at Grammar.  I didn't even know that those were two separate words, and I'm 38.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 24, 2020, 03:52:20 PM
And I can't believe I forgot to mention that Goop sells a candle called "This Smells Like My Vagina"! :o

https://shop.goop.com/shop/products/this-smells-like-my-vagina-candle?country=CAN

I was thinking I wouldn't mind knowing what Gwyneth's vagina smelled like, but I'll be damned if I pay $75 for the privilege.

Yeah, for 75 bucks I want to be able to touch it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 24, 2020, 05:53:18 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 24, 2020, 03:52:20 PM

Yeah, for 75 bucks I want to be able to touch it.

For $75 you can touch AND smell the vagina candle!  Just don't play with it while it's lit.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

So this apparently quarterly routine visit by our landlord's estate agent.... They use some app to generate a THIRTEEN PAGES long report on the condition of our home in excruciating detail, together with photos.

My favourite on was the shadow cast by our excersice bike marked as the carpet darkening.

They didn't flag anything, really, but I find this whole process very humiliating.

I am going to reply and highlight every single point I do not fully agree with.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 24, 2020, 02:54:02 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 24, 2020, 10:12:34 AM
Has Gwyneth Paltrow no limits? :o

Don't get this either.  :(
Marketing for her new (apparently awful) Netflix show:

Tamas - How long is your lease? I have never had this experience.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tamas on January 24, 2020, 06:28:06 PM
So this apparently quarterly routine visit by our landlord's estate agent.... They use some app to generate a THIRTEEN PAGES long report on the condition of our home in excruciating detail, together with photos.

My favourite on was the shadow cast by our excersice bike marked as the carpet darkening.

They didn't flag anything, really, but I find this whole process very humiliating.

I am going to reply and highlight every single point I do not fully agree with.

I've had them check my place out twice (first seemed to be contracted out, the second time might have actually been the estate agency) in the 1.25 years I've lived here...

The first one, she just carried around a stick to check the ceiling smoke detectors and poked her in head into each of the rooms.

The second time, same but without the stick.

No photos, cameras, or documented reports or any such thing.

Sheilbh

Oh in fairness yeah I've had the smoke alarm check.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Maybe they're more up in your stuff because you're a dirty foreigner Tamas.

Have you checked the lease to see what exactly is allowed?

Tonitrus

Most leases, even in the States, have the clause that the landlord or their agent can pretty much come in as often as they like, so long as they give enough notice.

dps

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 24, 2020, 07:25:10 PM
Most leases, even in the States, have the clause that the landlord or their agent can pretty much come in as often as they like, so long as they give enough notice.

Yeah, but in my experience they don't often exercise those rights, at least not at professionally or even semi-professionally managed properties.  If you're just renting an upstairs room in someone's house, it's probably a different story.

Zanza

Huh, that's illegal in Germany. Unless there is a clear purpose such as repairs or reading meters, the landlord may not even have a key for leased apartments. 

Tamas

Yeah there is a clause that I agree to let them in for checks if they give notice. But I will never agree to them to enter without one us present. They are welcome to try and make trouble over that.

This is the first proerty I have rented where this is happening, but a former colleague of mine (incidentally also a foreigner, although Western European) has had such checks every 3 months or so.

Josquius

I'd be wary. I guess from brexit date especially you'll start getting an awful lot of cunts thinking other Europeans are second class humans.
██████
██████
██████