News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I LOL'd at his answer to "What was your reaction to learning your books were getting 500,000 reprints after the release of the Netflix show?"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

The point he loses it is when he's essentially asked in what ways the show sucks.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on January 28, 2020, 09:12:04 PM
Damn I had never even heard of that before. I love buffalo wings but that sounds gross.
It is not.  In fact it's delicious  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 30, 2020, 06:12:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 30, 2020, 05:34:39 PM
It started out funny, but devolved into "why the hell are you doing an interview if you're not going to say anything".

I thought it devolved into why the hell did you arrange to interview me only to ask me these questions.

He hardly gave the interviewer much to work with.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Elon Musk now has an EDM track out. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Submitted my tax return last night; I may be one of the 1%. :whistle:

edit:

Just to clarify I mean the bottom 1%.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on January 31, 2020, 10:58:34 AM
Submitted my tax return last night; I may be one of the 1%. :whistle:

You work? :shock:
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

I assume his biking runs a generator somewhere.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

I learned a new French word.
Spermophile.
Apparently this is not a fetish. It is... A gopher. :blink:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Spermophilus is the correct english word.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Richard Hakluyt

It means "seed-lover" and is a genus of squirrels, which famously like nuts....but this might not be helping, still a funny name  :D

Liep

9/10 for the Half time show. No idea what business the two rapping men had on stage though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Superbowl halftime show: Shakira and J-Lo still looking damn good, my God.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 02, 2020, 08:37:25 PM
Superbowl halftime show: Shakira and J-Lo still looking damn good, my God.

Ah, so that's why its so quiet around here, two pop celebs are having a concert, the supporting entertainment is some sport?    :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"