News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I like how births on February 29th are more common than births on December 25th. Women are just going to hold that baby in until Boxing Day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on January 28, 2020, 02:04:52 PM
I like how births on February 29th are more common than births on December 25th. Women are just going to hold that baby in until Boxing Day.

I suspect more that no doctor wants to induce (or do a C-section) on major holidays.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 28, 2020, 02:07:15 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 28, 2020, 02:04:52 PM

I suspect more that no doctor wants to induce (or do a C-section) on major holidays.

Yes I know...but February 29th? I mean surely a normal amount of people would go into labor on that day. Of course people may just want to induce a few days earlier.

Randomly April 13th is also rarer than February 29th. I guess the doctors are all doing their taxes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on January 28, 2020, 02:08:18 PM

Randomly April 13th is also rarer than February 29th. I guess the doctors are all doing their taxes.

The 13th of each month seems to be slightly rarer. Probably Fridays.

April 1st isn't very popular either  :lol:

Eddie Teach

Those numbers are averages, the other dates still get nearly 4 times as many.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

I have a cousin whose birthday is December 25th... and her brother is February 29th :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Savonarola

Study determines each state's most searched snack ahead of the Super Bowl

Iowa does stand out on that list... although I'm really not sure that qualifies as a "Snack food."
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Who googles a snack food before buying?

Sheilbh

God bless Iowa and their understanding of snack food :wub:

Edit: Also any state whose favourite snack is the "cocktail weenie" should lose their voting rights. I mean, Jesus Christ <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

How in blue blazes is bowl of soup a snack food?  A snack food has to be something you can eat with one hand while watching a TV and waving a beer in the other.

dps

How is a dip a snack food?  It's something you dip a snack in, not a snack in-and-of itself.

DGuller

Quote from: Savonarola on January 28, 2020, 05:21:32 PM
Study determines each state's most searched snack ahead of the Super Bowl

Iowa does stand out on that list... although I'm really not sure that qualifies as a "Snack food."
How can any state stand out in that sea of blue? :bleeding:

Eddie Teach

I would think you'd love a US map covered in blue.  :hmm:

Btw, wtf are "party pinwheels"?

alfred russel

Even though it seems to be the most popular, what is buffalo chicken dip? I know what buffalo chicken is, and I know what dip is...is that supposed to be buffalo chicken with dip?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014