News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 23, 2020, 08:54:22 AM
It seems Prince Harry and Megan's "professional plans" are to sell off their branding rights.  In other words, glorified social influencers.  Ugh.  So maybe Megan does belong in the column of American women who have fucked up the UK after all.  Thankfully, in the good column we still have Churchill's mom and the Lady Grantham from Downton Abbey.

No complaint about their choosing to do that in itself... But combined with their reason for the big change being to get away from the press it seems rather inconsistent.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

The chances of Harry ever becoming King is ridiculously remote so I guess I don't get the big deal. Is the sixth guy in line for the throne really required to do anything? What exactly is there for him to step away from?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

My mom is really into this royal family bullshit.  I thought we fought a war so we wouldn't have to care.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2020, 12:41:02 PM
My mom is really into this royal family bullshit.  I thought we fought a war so we wouldn't have to care.

We have the freedom to care or not as we choose.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26THRPlgYSI

In other royal news, Prince Chuck giving Mike Pence the stink eye.

crazy canuck

One view of this is that Harry and his wife can make far more money exploiting their celebrity in the US.  Which would not be possible with the constraints they have being part of the royal family.

alfred russel

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 23, 2020, 12:44:39 PM

We have the freedom to care or not as we choose.

Had we not won the war, we would have to care, or else be subject to a death sentence for treason against the crown. This is the tyranny under which the British and other dominions reside.  :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 23, 2020, 01:26:39 PM
:huh:

Is it hard to post on the internet with the iron boot of royal oppression on your neck tory scum?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on January 23, 2020, 01:45:03 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 23, 2020, 01:26:39 PM
:huh:

Is it hard to post on the internet with the iron boot of royal oppression on your neck tory scum?

Very. I am currently evading the royal authorities as a result of my post the other day in which I referred to Harry a trust fund kid.

Eddie Teach

FWIW, I think it's better to "care" about the Windsors than the Kardashians.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on January 23, 2020, 12:35:41 PM
The chances of Harry ever becoming King is ridiculously remote so I guess I don't get the big deal. Is the sixth guy in line for the throne really required to do anything? What exactly is there for him to step away from?

Well
He's 6th in theory but the 5 above him are a family so if something wipes one out there's a good chance it gets them all.
He remains a necessary spare until wills kids are out on their own.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on January 23, 2020, 02:31:51 PM
Well
He's 6th in theory but the 5 above him are a family so if something wipes one out there's a good chance it gets them all.

A family that gets round-the-clock protection.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2020, 02:40:54 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 23, 2020, 02:31:51 PM
Well

A family that gets round-the-clock protection.

So did the Romanovs. Sic semper tyrannis.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on January 23, 2020, 02:58:02 PM
So did the Romanovs. Sic semper tyrannis.

Yeah well in a case like that Harry will be hunted down and killed anyway :lol: