News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Zanza

I feel a bit sorry for people working in PR departments when they are facing a shitstorm, e.g. United Airlines. All your work evaporates in an instant without you having any agency.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on April 11, 2017, 11:51:00 AM
I feel a bit sorry for people working in PR departments when they are facing a shitstorm, e.g. United Airlines. All your work evaporates in an instant without you having any agency.

I dunno - a crisis like this is where you can prove your worth.

I think there is some merit to the "stand up for your aircrew" approach United is taking, even though the airline is taking a beating with the public at large.  Standing up for your team, having them know management has your back, is also worth a great deal.  And apparently morale at United is still fairly fragile after a merger with Continental several years ago.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/11/asia/united-passenger-dragged-off-china-reaction/

Giving some more information about "deboarding protocols" would have been helpful.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on April 11, 2017, 11:41:08 AM
Yeah, even commies wore it.
One time when I was shaving my facial hair off I did shave my moustache into a toothbrush (for like ten minutes) and I thought it looked really good. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

What do Americans think about the Westinghouse Electric Company bankruptcy?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on April 11, 2017, 12:30:51 PM
We are very disappointed, but we'll try to soldier on.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on April 11, 2017, 12:31:33 PM
We are very disappointed, but we'll try to soldier on.

You can rely on Kentuckians. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

I'm no American, bt it's disappointing for the long-hoped-for resurgence in greenhouse-gas-friendly nuclear power.  That being said it's not the end of the world - Westinghouse is not going to be dissolved, rather reorganized and continue on as a going concern.

Eddie Teach

Is that the company that did the scholarships?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Spent the morning in court. I hate it when I go up there expecting a gunfight and the opposing counsel brings a popgun. I wanted to say 'you have nothing counselor! You suck!' but unfortunately that is generally frowned upon. I did appreciate getting the 'no recross your honor' from my lawyers though. Always a good sign.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on April 10, 2017, 01:02:26 AM
They seem to have changed the design from previous versions:

Well it is a kids show Syt.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 11, 2017, 01:14:07 PM
Is that the company that did the scholarships?

Yup, but it's been a shadow of its former self in name only for a long, long time. 

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 11, 2017, 01:25:26 PM
Spent the morning in court. I hate it when I go up there expecting a gunfight and the opposing counsel brings a popgun. I wanted to say 'you have nothing counselor! You suck!' but unfortunately that is generally frowned upon. I did appreciate getting the 'no recross your honor' from my lawyers though. Always a good sign.

Isn't that a good feeling though?

I know whenever I look at a file and go "gee - surely I must be missing something, or else why is defence even running this file"... only to find I didn't miss anything, is a pretty damn good feeling.

Edit: I mean I'm looking at refusal charge for tomorrow - an earlier Crown made an offer that goes against our standing orders.  Guy should have taken it, because I can't see any problems with the case.

Valmy

It is. I know I did a good job since there was little in my testimony he could attack. But still my job is pretty boring on a day to day basis so intense courtroom action is a nice change of pace. But today it was weak sauce.