News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on April 12, 2017, 12:10:39 PM
I think he has met gaijin, but whether its actually gaijin is another issue.

If it's gaijin, I have a pretty solid way of verifying that.

CountDeMoney

Lol, "knifing of the Swede..."

Admiral Yi

I'll take legit lurker if someone offers the right odds.

The Larch

Charlie Murphy, Eddie Murphy's older brother, has just passed away at 57 from leukemia.

Watching his Hollywood Stories from the Chappelle show won't be the same from now on.  :cry: With Prince and Rick James also gone these are all stories about dead people...quite chilling.

Zanza

Jacob

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on April 12, 2017, 11:56:42 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 12, 2017, 08:57:43 AM
See, this is why people leave and never come back :D

Except for Ed. He leaves and comes back all the time. Sometimes he comes back before he even leaves.

Ed's the comeback kid for sure.

Well, more like the comeback gramps, but you know what I mean.

I'm complicated.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Your wheels are chocked.

Monoriu

Quote from: Jacob on April 12, 2017, 11:57:23 AM
I reckon it's either  Jaron or FB sock.

Mono, have you met either of those two?

Nope.

Ed Anger

Glad I got the Hellcat. The Demon will only have one seat. How will you get your women wet if they can't sit in it?

Vroom.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 12, 2017, 07:50:52 PM
Glad I got the Hellcat. The Demon will only have one seat. How will you get your women wet if they can't sit in it?

Vroom.

Does it at least have a trunk for them?  :mad:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2017, 05:01:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 11, 2017, 11:59:24 AM
Quote from: Zanza on April 11, 2017, 11:51:00 AM
I feel a bit sorry for people working in PR departments when they are facing a shitstorm, e.g. United Airlines. All your work evaporates in an instant without you having any agency.

I dunno - a crisis like this is where you can prove your worth.

I think there is some merit to the "stand up for your aircrew" approach United is taking, even though the airline is taking a beating with the public at large.  Standing up for your team, having them know management has your back, is also worth a great deal.  And apparently morale at United is still fairly fragile after a merger with Continental several years ago.

They have now apologised...so hardline is not so firm.

They don't seem likely to escape the PR hell they've entered any time soon. They just threatened to drag the CEO of a half billion dollar investment firm off one of their planes because they over booked 1st class.

http://www.latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-united-low-priority-passenger-20170412-story.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Another of those great unsolved mysteries of life - why is it that Spanish people travel in such huge gangs? :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Summon up your inner Francis Drake.

Monoriu

Quote from: Tyr on April 13, 2017, 01:55:26 AM
Another of those great unsolved mysteries of life - why is it that Spanish people travel in such huge gangs? :hmm:

Chinese also travel in large groups.  The first advantage is cost.  There are large economies of scale in buying group air tickets and hotel rooms.  Secondly, one can turn off the brain in such a group.  No need to speak English, no need to plan for the trip, worry about transportation, schedules etc.  Just follow the group.  Third reason is safety.