News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2017, 03:15:02 PM
I bought a couple pairs of glasses from a place that ships from China and they were better quality than what you get from the Luxottica racket. 
How do you know which fit you?
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Forget the particulars, but the site walks you through how to measure your head/eye placement. Ended up being spot on, but I ordered a slightly larger size and one slightly lower size to be on the safe side.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

My site you can either upload a head shot, or you can manually measure the distance between your pupils and enter it.

CountDeMoney

You two fucktards are so opposed to healthcare you even conduct your own ophthalmic fittings. :lol:

Here's a flashlight and an ice cream scoop; tell us about your DIY colonoscopy. 

Admiral Yi

You're not making a lick of sense.  Film at 11.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 07, 2017, 01:27:50 PM
http://www.zennioptical.com/

My brother turned me on to this site.  Just bought 2 pairs of prescription glasses for about $25.  He thinks they grind the lenses in China.

Why do you need two pairs of glasses?  I only allow one pair for myself.  My old pair is used as a backup. 

Eddie Teach

The old pair doesn't have your current prescription.

I also use my old pair as backup, but they're 500 dollar contacts instead of 12 dollar glasses.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 08, 2017, 03:58:17 PM

I also use my old pair as backup, but they're 500 dollar contacts instead of 12 dollar glasses.

Sure, but 'backups' are intended as a stop-gap measure while you buy a replacement.  It is a little off, but it is only intended to last the two weeks needed to get a replacement. 

Actually I have never needed the backup, as I treat my glasses with the care they deserve. 

Camerus

Keeping the old pair as the back-up is sufficient.

I just got a pair of new glasses last week. Paid $9 dollars Canadian for them, thanks to my benefits plan.  :bowler:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on April 08, 2017, 03:44:50 PM
Why do you need two pairs of glasses?  I only allow one pair for myself.  My old pair is used as a backup.

I lost my old pair.

Razgovory

For my back-up I just use two monocles.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Monoriu on April 08, 2017, 04:00:52 PM

Sure, but 'backups' are intended as a stop-gap measure while you buy a replacement.  It is a little off, but it is only intended to last the two weeks needed to get a replacement. 

Actually I have never needed the backup, as I treat my glasses with the care they deserve.

You wait two weeks for glasses? How Plebian.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 08, 2017, 06:48:36 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on April 08, 2017, 04:00:52 PM

You wait two weeks for glasses? How Plebian.

Yes.  My wife usually waits an hour for hers.  I need to wait at least a week.  An optical shop in Vancouver once told me that my lens were so complicated that they couldn't do it in town.  They needed to bring them from the East Coast.  My problem isn't just short-sightedness.  Some sort of really severe refract error. 

Razgovory

Is the West Coast of Canada really that backwards?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 08, 2017, 03:03:35 PM
You're not making a lick of sense.  Film at 11.

Enjoy your self-inflicted stigmatism trying to save a buck, cloth eyes.