News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Surprised me to read about that.  Would have thought Minogue would already have Kylie thoroughly trademarked and locked up across all possible areas since this century it is what she goes by.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on February 08, 2017, 02:45:39 AM
Surprised me to read about that.  Would have thought Minogue would already have Kylie thoroughly trademarked and locked up across all possible areas since this century it is what she goes by.

You can't trademark in area where you don't have commerce.  The question is whether Jenner using that term for advertising would confuse the average informed consumer.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on February 08, 2017, 09:57:05 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 08, 2017, 02:45:39 AM

You can't trademark in area where you don't have commerce.  The question is whether Jenner using that term for advertising would confuse the average informed consumer.

Channel 4 New correspondent in the US is Kylie Morris who's also Australian.

The other news presenters try hard and so far I've only heard one say ' Over to Kylie Minogue in Washington'.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Never having heard of Kylie Jenner before I would be confused. But then I am not really the target consumer of her fashion and beauty line.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 08, 2017, 11:10:22 AM
Never having heard of Kylie Jenner before I would be confused. But then I am not really the target consumer of her fashion and beauty line.

Well, I am also not her target consumer but I know who she is.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Well good for you guys. If I saw 'Kylie' I would just assume they meant Kylie Minogue.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

MadBurgerMaker

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Maladict on February 01, 2017, 12:32:08 PM

QuoteStunning photo captures massive wave off the coast of Scotland

A wave so large it looks like a massive storm cloud

It looks like an unfinished painting, with blue brush strokes intended to form cotton-candy clouds.

But a closer look reveals it's a photograph — and that supposed fluffy mass of water vapor looming over the seaside cottage? That's actually a giant wave.

Photographer Ryan Sandison captured the image off the coast of Scotland's Shetland Islands in late December. The 46-foot-tall wave was a byproduct of Storm Conor, which also brought rain, sleet, hail, and winds that gusting up to 94 mph to the island. According to the New York Post, the brutal weather follows the U.K.'s second warmest Christmas on record.

Looks way bigger than 46 feet to me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2017, 01:34:12 AM
Quote from: Maladict on February 01, 2017, 12:32:08 PM

QuoteStunning photo captures massive wave off the coast of Scotland

A wave so large it looks like a massive storm cloud

It looks like an unfinished painting, with blue brush strokes intended to form cotton-candy clouds.

But a closer look reveals it's a photograph — and that supposed fluffy mass of water vapor looming over the seaside cottage? That's actually a giant wave.

Photographer Ryan Sandison captured the image off the coast of Scotland's Shetland Islands in late December. The 46-foot-tall wave was a byproduct of Storm Conor, which also brought rain, sleet, hail, and winds that gusting up to 94 mph to the island. According to the New York Post, the brutal weather follows the U.K.'s second warmest Christmas on record.

Looks way bigger than 46 feet to me.

Fake news. :(
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadBurgerMaker

Jacob

MadBurgerMaker