News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on February 03, 2017, 01:03:59 PM
I recently visited the underground nuclear reactor that was the major producer of plutonium for the Swedish atomic bomb program. Pretty cool place. :ph34r:

?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on February 03, 2017, 12:22:51 PM
Ordered Jamaican beef hot pot for dinner. :mmm:

I will regret this tomorrow. :blush:

Looks like a normal stew in pictures, how is it made? What's special about it? I guess it's quite spicy.

Syt

Yes, it's basically beef in a very hot/spicy sauce, served with congri (http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/congri-black-beans-rice.aspx)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

On a random youtube trawl where I keep getting wu tang clang, cyprus hill and the like.
When was the point that rap went from actually pretty good to sheer crap?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

The point at which you became old.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Grumbler's a big fan of Lil Jon.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 03, 2017, 03:04:35 PM
Grumbler's a big fan of Lil Jon.

That's a whole different story.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on February 03, 2017, 03:02:04 PM
The point at which you became old.
Which seems to be before I was 10 years old :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

russias made me laugh.

Also, the reverse ones seem weird to me. Like (Sweden and Norway)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

Why is that so weird?  I'd expect that, actually.  It's two linguistically-similar countries with similar cultures, making it rather easy for emigrants to get settled in the new country.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Quote from: Habbaku on February 03, 2017, 03:56:51 PM
Why is that so weird?  I'd expect that, actually.  It's two linguistically-similar countries with similar cultures, making it rather easy for emigrants to get settled in the new country.

When I think of immigrants I think of people leaving for better opportunities, country switching would indicate equal opportunities. Perhaps I'm just over thinking it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zanza

Valmy

Ok UK I get that you have weird and irrational and illogical status' for all your dependencies and component parts but the Isle of Man does not get to count the UK as a foreign nation.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."