News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: HVC on February 01, 2017, 07:17:09 PM
Cops are using my office to run surveillance on the mechanic shop across the street.
pffft I think got you beat.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2017, 07:19:01 PM
Cops are using my office to run surveillance on the mechanic shop across the street.
pffft I think got you beat.

Does
Everything have to be a competition with you? :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

WAY TO BLOW THEIR COVER ASSHOLE

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 27, 2017, 08:35:06 PM
Insomina update: THIS IS MADNESS.

Was up at 3 am and watched infomercials. I seem to remember buying a month's worth of emergency food supplies from a Wise Food infomercial.

No idea if I ordered shit from the WORX infomercial.

Got my shit. Used the kids as taste testers on the "Beef Stoganoff" 4 serving pouch. GET OVER HERE AND EAT THIS YOU LITTLE SHITS.

Results: nobody vomited.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2017, 08:43:52 PM

Was up at 3 am and watched infomercials. I seem to remember buying a month's worth of emergency food supplies from a Wise Food infomercial.

Got my shit. Used the kids as taste testers on the "Beef Stoganoff" 4 serving pouch. GET OVER HERE AND EAT THIS YOU LITTLE SHITS.

This is survivalist food, right?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Liep

Do we have a general EU politics thread?

Le Pen has bodyguards to take out journalists who ask annoying questions:

https://twitter.com/Qofficiel/status/826870420032933891

I have no idea what they're saying so if any French speaking could reassure me that this isn't as frightening as it looks it would be appreciated.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Apparently part of the money that the European parliament was claiming back from Le Pen went to pay for her bodyguards through the allowances that the parliament gives to MEPs to pay for their staff, I think that's what the journalist was asking them. The text in the tweet says "We only wanted to know if Marine Le Pen's bodyguards had ficticious employments at the European Parliament or not".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2017, 08:43:52 PM

I have a few Mountain House packs. They are perfectly edible, but seem to generally lack much protein. I think you'd need to hunt in the post-apocalypse.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I bet it is about tasteless too, like the Wise ones.

I put wise just above old folks home food.

Syt

Ordered Jamaican beef hot pot for dinner. :mmm:

I will regret this tomorrow. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Since the election there's been a small poster on my appartment building's wall next to the entrance. It took me a while to notice it, since the paper is of a similar same tone as the building, the thing is about A4 in size, and put up below eye level. I actually found a pic of what it looks like online:

"Fuck the Elections! Against All Representation - Against All Authority - For Self Responsibility and Autonomy - For Anarchy"

Today I noticed that someone had posted something over the poster - black with white text, also barely noticeable unless you look for it (kudos to the respective poster pasters). It's a portrait photo of "Our Emperor Franz Joseph I", with his life dates, and, at the bottom, "Discipline - Tradition"

Vienna's 8th District, where the political conflict of ca. 1900 plays out today. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I recently visited the underground nuclear reactor that was the major producer of plutonium for the Swedish atomic bomb program. Pretty cool place. :ph34r:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.