News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Our upstairs neighbours are horrid people. At the very least the guy of the couple.

The guy is I am pretty sure unemployed. He is a LOUD FC Liverpool supporter. I am not sure if he is from there but he sure has a coarse annoying accent. They often have guest(s) about. Just last night they kept playing shitty techno from 9PM to 6AM. Well, at least it was still playing when I got up.

I am working from home today so I could just hear -and not for the first time- his dissatisfaction with his woman. I can't make everything out, but lots of "fuck offs" a "fuck" every third word, and at least one "cunt". Closing it with his sweetheart replying with a lound inarticulate "YOU FUCK OFF!"

Lovely! They are one of two native households I have become aware of in this building of 12 flats over the last 3 years, and by FAR the worst. Poles and Indians sure seem to lack this spark from their lovelife.

Tamas

In fact I do wonder if they are sharing their one bedroom flat with somebody. Their shitty little old car is missing from their parking spot while quite obviously both of them are home.

mongers

HM Queen Elizabeth has now reigned for 66 years, so the only people here who remember another monarch are all well over the retirement age.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Grumbler liked the first Liz better.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Women crush your penis with their vagina!

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

frunk

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

:)  Which reminds me - I need to go the the store for more crypto.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Trying to cut back on broth, myself.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Which reminds me, the only things I need to buy in the supermarket yesterday were soap, salt and toothbrushes, no food.   

Odd bunch of things to run out of all on the same day.  :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on February 08, 2019, 09:48:09 AM
Trying to cut back on broth, myself.

If you come to the UK within the next few months, you'll have the chance to sample some thin gruel.  :bowler:

derspiess

I'll be there in the Fall. Save some for me!

Savonarola

I saw this article in the Smithsonian about the Harbin Ice and Snow Festival (in northeast China) and thought the pictures looked spectacular:

Does a coliseum still give you one more content population if it's made of ice?  :unsure:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.