Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on July 13, 2018, 10:00:57 AM
Stand and deliver, Syt.

"For you are a bold deceiver!"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

More pics of revealed sites in this article :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44767497

It seems that archaeologists love dry summers because they get to discover all sorts of ancient remnants with a quick aerial survey  :cool:

Pedrito

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 17, 2018, 01:37:06 AM
More pics of revealed sites in this article :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44767497

It seems that archaeologists love dry summers because they get to discover all sorts of ancient remnants with a quick aerial survey  :cool:
Archaeologists love dry summers, yes, but mainly because trenches are dry and excavation operations are way more comfortable than in a wet, soggy and miserable environment.
Source: been a WWI veteran an archaeologist for some time in my life  ;)

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Maladict

Quote from: Pedrito on July 17, 2018, 02:17:28 AM

Archaeologists love dry summers, yes, but mainly because trenches are dry and excavation operations are way more comfortable than in a wet, soggy and miserable environment.
Source: been a WWI veteran an archaeologist for some time in my life  ;)

L.

Yep  :)

And you forgot 'frozen'. Check your privilege, Club Med diggers  :P 

Syt

I kinda want to know what this image is from or about, but I also think I actually might prefer not knowing to preserve its weirdness.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

The artist's nightmares.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

It's a Spanish artist, he loves to draw random Giger-ish stuff.

celedhring

Barcelona is going to test self-driven buses this autumn. Given how activist our public transportation trade unions are, this is going to go down well.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on July 17, 2018, 04:02:39 PM
Barcelona is going to test self-driven buses this autumn. Given how activist our public transportation trade unions are, this is going to go down well.

Where and in what traffic?

And being in public transportation myself I sympathize, my job is automated by 2036 says the politicians.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on July 17, 2018, 04:08:43 PM
Quote from: celedhring on July 17, 2018, 04:02:39 PM

Where and in what traffic?

And being in public transportation myself I sympathize, my job is automated by 2036 says the politicians.

For now they'll test a very short trip (500m) in a low-traffic area. Then take it from there.

HVC

closest giant reminds me of the pedo dwarf meme.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I've just learned shift + windows key+ s instantly lets you snip a section of your screen.

That will save a lot of time.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on July 18, 2018, 05:26:59 AM
I've just learned shift + windows key+ s instantly lets you snip a section of your screen.

That will save a lot of time.

Nice. :thumbsup:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk