News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

And in your "Only in America" moment:  Cheeto flavored ice cream.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

I have no mouth and I must have ice cream.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Why don't modern smartphones come with lanyards, given their shape and how often they're used and dropped?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on July 13, 2018, 06:32:55 AM
Why don't modern smartphones come with lanyards, given their shape and how often they're used and dropped?

They did used to be pretty standard. But looking at my phone now it's true that it doesn't have a place to attach one.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on July 13, 2018, 06:34:16 AM
Quote from: mongers on July 13, 2018, 06:32:55 AM

They did used to be pretty standard. But looking at my phone now it's true that it doesn't have a place to attach one.

I guess if a couple of big celebrities started using one via a phone case, then some of the masses would follow suit.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Stand and deliver, Syt.

Eddie Teach

Is that the one with Edward James Olmos?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Can somebody unban Fireblade? He can't post.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on July 13, 2018, 11:34:44 AM
Oh no.

Well definitely don't let him back into the Back Room but what damage can he do here? Get into an argument over semantics with CC and grumbler? Set off a nuclear reaction in Berkut's head?