News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Fascinating stuff.

In Denmark it's benzin for gasoline and diesel for diesel.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 10, 2014, 11:22:32 AM
Unleaded and Diesel!

Both of which are called "gas". Well, I've never heard a trucker say "I need to stop for diesel" anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

I got a flu shot from a sassy Jamaican lady a few minutes ago. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2014, 12:40:27 PM
I got a flu shot from a sassy Jamaican lady a few minutes ago.

Careful you don't catch the ebola.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on October 10, 2014, 08:24:45 AM
Gasoline is diesel.  :huh:

Nope, at least not in Poland. Benzyna (Polish for gasoline) usually means either non-diesel gasoline or all gasoline. "Ropa" (oil) is used to mean diesel solely.

mongers

Damn, what a missed opportunity, the First Family that might have been   :(  -

Anchorage police report details Palin family brawl

Police in Alaska have released a report describing a drunken brawl involving the son, daughter and husband of Republican former governor Sarah Palin.

According to the report, Mrs Palin's children Track and Bristol and husband Todd were involved in physical altercations at a birthday party.

Prosecutors have declined to press charges in the 6 September incident.

Mrs Palin ran for US vice-president in 2008 and remains popular among the Republican Party's conservative base.

She stepped down from the governorship of Alaska in 2009. She has since had a career in television and remains popular on the conservative speaking circuit.
'Belligerent and intoxicated'

On the evening of 6 September, police were called to the Anchorage home of a man named Korey Klingenmeyer after a report of a brawl involving as many as 20 people.

According to witness statements, which are vague about the initial cause of the fighting, the Palin family and their entourage arrived at the house about 23:00 in a limousine.

Todd and Track, 26, ended up in one fight with a group of men on the street outside the house, while Bristol Palin, 23, got into an altercation with the party host.

Track Palin, described as bloodied, "belligerent" and "heavily intoxicated", told police the family had come to the house to join the party, and that the fight began when a group of men began speaking rudely to his sisters and one of them "sucker punched" a friend.

Full item here, worth a read:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29563253
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

That never would've happened if they held it at a Chuck E. Cheese's.

Josquius

In an effort to fix my recent hair troubles I am going to wash my hair with recently boiled water. Damn hard water. Which is not the same as heavy water no matter how many times I mis-speak.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on October 10, 2014, 02:45:14 PM
In an effort to fix my recent hair troubles I am going to wash my hair with recently boiled water. Damn hard water. Which is not the same as heavy water no matter how many times I mis-speak.

Are those lyrics from a Smiths song?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on October 10, 2014, 02:52:16 PM

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: mongers on October 10, 2014, 02:52:16 PM

:lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall