News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

200,000+ hacked snapchat photos to be released on Sunday. The Common Man's Fappening? Apparently everything will be released already indexed so that you can search for phone numbers and emails and see the attached images.

Ooops.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Lolz at all the young'uns who told me it all gets deleted.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2014, 03:17:55 PM

No shit.  Doesn't matter the technology, you can never, ever un-ring a bell.  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2014, 03:17:55 PM

So when I discussed this with friends my age (as I don't understand snapchat), they said it was less about photos going away and more about how since they aren't stored on people's phones they feel more free to send completely frivolous stuff.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Is an honorary title ok for an American to have?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 10, 2014, 03:22:48 PM
Is an honorary title ok for an American to have?

In this case we're okay with it. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: Liep on October 10, 2014, 03:13:35 PM
200,000+ hacked snapchat photos to be released on Sunday. The Common Man's Fappening? Apparently everything will be released already indexed so that you can search for phone numbers and emails and see the attached images.

Ooops.

Ugh, thats gonna take me days to browse.   :mad:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

The article about it came with a friendly reminder that half of snapchat's users are 13-17 years old. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

I tried some cheese called 'serac'. It is not good. It has the texture of tofu and the taste of...god knows what.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Norway geeks out with pixel art on their new bills:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Sounds like it is a bad idea, in more than one way, to keep lots of cash in your car.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 03:06:53 PM
Jackie O did it better.

Angelina Jolie has come a long way from wearing a vial of Billy Bob Thornton's blood around her neck.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014