News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2014, 07:48:35 PM
They're visiting Iowa together (we're having lunch) but he doesn't want his dad (and mom??) to know he's around.

An elopement wedding?  How romantic :wub:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 08, 2014, 07:49:54 PM

He split for the left coast right after finishing (home) high school.

Liep

Murakami and Roth are once again robbed by the Nobel Committee. Well, I wouldn't really know, but those are the once I've read amongst those apparently contending. :P

Patrick Modiano won it, btw. Whoever he is.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Ah the horrible bi-yearly challenge of trying to find a card that says mam.
Mum...ugh.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2014, 07:52:14 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 08, 2014, 07:49:54 PM

He split for the left coast right after finishing (home) high school.

As good a reason as any.

Savonarola

Quote from: Tyr on October 09, 2014, 11:50:19 AM
Mum...ugh.

Lil' Orphan Annie feels your pain:

It's a hard knock life for Josq.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

Quote from: Savonarola on October 09, 2014, 02:33:24 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 09, 2014, 11:50:19 AM
Mum...ugh.

Dogs>people
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Online group work sucks. sucks so much.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

C'mon baby, make it suck so much.
Sometimes love don't feel like it should,
You know it sucks so much.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2014, 09:58:47 PM
C'mon baby, make it suck so much.
Sometimes love don't feel like it should,
You know it sucks so much.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on October 09, 2014, 02:33:24 PM

Lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye.

garbon

So I almost ran out of gas while in Rhode Island this evening. I was a little low on gas but missed what was apparently the last service plaza in Connecticut. After getting stuck twice in construction traffic, it was suddenly 10 o'clock. Apparently at that time everyone in Rhode Island turns into a pumpkin as while I located several gas stations near me 'lo and behold they were all closed. With my tank nearly empty made it to T.F. Airport which I was sure would have an open gas station as you need that as a traveler with your rental car.  I was in luck and was able to get fuel and made it safely to my destination. I think I might have just sat in my car and cried if I'd run out of gas. :Embarrass:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 10, 2014, 12:04:40 AM
So I almost ran out of gas while in Rhode Island this evening. I was a little low on gas but missed what was apparently the last service plaza in Connecticut. After getting stuck twice in construction traffic, it was suddenly 10 o'clock. Apparently at that time everyone in Rhode Island turns into a pumpkin as while I located several gas stations near me 'lo and behold they were all closed. With my tank nearly empty made it to T.F. Airport which I was sure would have an open gas station as you need that as a traveler with your rental car.  I was in luck and was able to get fuel and made it safely to my destination. I think I might have just sat in my car and cried if I'd run out of gas. :Embarrass:
I know the feeling.   :(  You're 25 miles away from the New Jersey border, and the fuel light goes on.  :x

Tonitrus

I'm pretty sure AAA, or any roadside assistance from your car insurance (and I think even some credit cards offer it as one of those unknown, seldom used benefits) includes bringing you gas.  :)

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 10, 2014, 01:12:10 AM

I'm pretty sure AAA, or any roadside assistance from your car insurance (and I think even some credit cards offer it as one of those unknown, seldom used benefits) includes bringing you gas.  :)

Oh yes, I would have called AAA after I finished crying. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.