Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on October 11, 2014, 10:57:48 AM
Norway geeks out with pixel art on their new bills:

Why are they redoing all their notes?
Will be interesting to see the opinions of elderly Norwegians...
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on October 12, 2014, 04:41:49 AM
Why are they redoing all their notes?
Will be interesting to see the opinions of elderly Norwegians...

Proper countries do this every second decade or so to utilise new security features. Elder Norwegians would've seen 3-4 different kind of notes by now so should be used to it.

EDIT: I already remember three different sets, the pre-1997 ones, the 1997-2009 and then the current ones.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

For Norway 1997 -

Proposed
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Posted for Neil's convenience

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on October 12, 2014, 04:57:27 AM
For Norway 1997 -

Proposed

Nice, I like it.
I miss the old guilder notes, they were so much better than the bland euro crap.

Syt

We changed bills in Germany in 1992(?):

I liked the previous series (from 1961) better, though (random 15th/16th century paintings with unrelated stuff on the back):

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

You had a 1000 DM bill? Was it to easily pick out criminals?

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on October 12, 2014, 06:36:58 AM
We changed bills in Germany in 1992(?):

Odd, I don't remember any of those.

Syt

Quote from: Liep on October 12, 2014, 06:41:18 AM

IIRC the cliché was bundles of 100s in suitcases on TV, not so much the 1000 bills.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Gangsta knots and pimp rolls must be a real bitch over there.  And never mind trying to snort coke through it.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2014, 10:49:01 AM

Gangsta knots and pimp rolls must be a real bitch over there.  And never mind trying to snort coke through it.

I prefer garlic knots and sourdough rolls.  :mmm:

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on October 12, 2014, 01:38:47 PM
Harlem, 1970s.

I want to stick my hand into her (either) hair and see what wonders it contains.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Probably just more hair.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Pro-tip - people generally dislike it when you come up to them to touch their hair.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.