News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

For a few weeks now I've seen a kestrel (small falcon) glide past my office window once or twice a day, basically 3 meters from where I sit. :cool:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on June 24, 2014, 06:40:29 AM
For a few weeks now I've seen a kestrel (small falcon) glide past my office window once or twice a day, basically 3 meters from where I sit. :cool:
When shall you feast?
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 23, 2014, 10:37:40 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

My a/c unit went out. 

I thought mine did as well yesterday but flipping a breaker switch brought it back to life.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on June 23, 2014, 07:55:11 PM
Sure.  Hell, why would you want to watch a woman have an orgasm by herself at all?  What's in it for you?

The Spice: he judges you while you masturbate.

Maybe I misunderstand biology, but I didn't realize a woman could orgasm from fellating a dildo.  Thought it had to go in a different hole.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on June 24, 2014, 09:24:06 AM
Sure.  Hell, why would you want to watch a woman have an orgasm by herself at all?  What's in it for you?

Maybe I misunderstand biology, but I didn't realize a woman could orgasm from fellating a dildo.  Thought it had to go in a different hole.

I guess you never watched that scientific documentary, Deep Throat:hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on June 24, 2014, 09:24:06 AM

Maybe it jazzes her up.  Maybe she likes sucking cock.  Maybe it's a, you know, performance by an actor.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

We understand it's a performance.  We're critiquing the script.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

The hotel where Putin is staying during his visit in Vienna? Ritz-Carlton. *snicker*
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 23, 2014, 08:51:01 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 23, 2014, 08:36:29 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 23, 2014, 10:28:16 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 22, 2014, 10:52:03 PM
I thought he was older given he has accomplished stuff.
I feel super old

How old are you?
27. Nearly 28. I am at the place a 21 year old should be.

My sister is same age as you. She is where 18 years old are, she's been there for 15 years(started early). Everyone moves at their own pace. Don't fret.

My sister never really left that stage.  40ish is the new 20!

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on June 24, 2014, 11:23:25 AM
The hotel where Putin is staying during his visit in Vienna? Ritz-Carlton. *snicker*

I've only stayed at one of those but it was pretty nice.

Syt

So the story about a 3 year old getting kicked out of KFC because of her scars from a dog attack? Might be fabricated.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/06/kfc-victoria-wilcher-hoax.html?mid=facebook_nymag

QuoteReport Suggests Grandmother Fabricated Claim That KFC Kicked Out 3-Year-Old Girl

A source "with deep knowledge" of KFC's ongoing investigation of an incident that allegedly took place at a Mississippi store says the chain has pored over surveillance footage but has failed to spot Victoria Wilcher, the 3-year-old girl who was allegedly asked to leave the restaurant with her grandmother because her scarred face was "disrupting customers." In addition to prompting an investigation, news of the alleged incident inspired an outpouring of financial support from strangers, and even the fast-food chain donated $30,000 toward Wilcher's medical bills. Now, however, two managers at KFC's Jackson locations say they've weathered several death threats over the ousting, and a source says no such incident ever happened; the girl grandmother's never purchased sweet tea and mashed potatoes with gravy at the restaurant, or any of its other local franchises.

The chain will release its findings next week and reiterates that Victoria will get her money regardless. In the meantime, a family member who is managing a Facebook page about Wilcher has written that she was mistaken about the location, which she says was incorrectly identified. "Please do not believe untrue media," reads a Facebook post that addresses claims the whole incident was fabricated to raise funds for the girl, who was attacked by three of her grandfather's ten pit bulls last month.

While KFC's official comment is pending, Dick West, owner of the franchise where the incident allegedly occurred, is openly skeptical. "At this point their story is full of holes. Any thinking person who follows their timeline can see it," he says.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

From the royal visit to Northern Ireland:

:huh: :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

:lol: Looks like a phrenologist's wet dream.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on June 24, 2014, 01:08:15 PM
So the story about a 3 year old getting kicked out of KFC because of her scars from a dog attack? Might be fabricated.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/06/kfc-victoria-wilcher-hoax.html?mid=facebook_nymag

QuoteReport Suggests Grandmother Fabricated Claim That KFC Kicked Out 3-Year-Old Girl

A source "with deep knowledge" of KFC's ongoing investigation of an incident that allegedly took place at a Mississippi store says the chain has pored over surveillance footage but has failed to spot Victoria Wilcher, the 3-year-old girl who was allegedly asked to leave the restaurant with her grandmother because her scarred face was "disrupting customers." In addition to prompting an investigation, news of the alleged incident inspired an outpouring of financial support from strangers, and even the fast-food chain donated $30,000 toward Wilcher's medical bills. Now, however, two managers at KFC's Jackson locations say they've weathered several death threats over the ousting, and a source says no such incident ever happened; the girl grandmother's never purchased sweet tea and mashed potatoes with gravy at the restaurant, or any of its other local franchises.

The chain will release its findings next week and reiterates that Victoria will get her money regardless. In the meantime, a family member who is managing a Facebook page about Wilcher has written that she was mistaken about the location, which she says was incorrectly identified. "Please do not believe untrue media," reads a Facebook post that addresses claims the whole incident was fabricated to raise funds for the girl, who was attacked by three of her grandfather's ten pit bulls last month.

While KFC's official comment is pending, Dick West, owner of the franchise where the incident allegedly occurred, is openly skeptical. "At this point their story is full of holes. Any thinking person who follows their timeline can see it," he says.

Let's see.

Gramps has 10 pit bulls.

They maul little grandkid's face.

Grandma then pulls a sympathy scam on KFC.

Sounds like a delightful family.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius