News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

QuoteFrom Thursday's Denver Post:

A Celebration of the life of Michael "Flathead" Blanchard will be held on April 14th, 3 pm 8160 Rosemary St, Commerce City. Weary of reading obituaries noting someone's courageous battle with death, Mike wanted it known that he died as a result of being stubborn, refusing to follow doctors' orders and raising hell for more than six decades. He enjoyed booze, guns, cars and younger women until the day he died. [...]

So many of his childhood friends that weren't killed in Vietnam went on to become criminals, prostitutes and/or Democrats. He asks that you stop by and re-tell the stories he can no longer tell. As the Celebration will contain Adult material we respectfully ask that no children under 18 attend.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

My brother got a new job!  He now works  as a bartender at a gay bar.  I wonder if he wears a shirt at work. :hmm:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

QuoteVideo shows dog braving traffic on Southern CA road to stay by fatally struck canine pal

LA PUENTE, Calif. — Los Angeles county animal control officials are heralding the loyalty of a black Labrador retriever that braved traffic to stay by another dog that was fatally struck by a car.

A motorist who saw the dogs on a La Puente street Wednesday morning put down traffic cones to alert other drivers and shot video of the dogs. The video released Saturday showed the female Labrador lying next to a motionless, yellow Labrador as vehicles pass dangerously close to them.

The Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control says the 2-year-old dog, who animal shelter staff and volunteers have named Grace, appears to have been well cared for.

However, nobody has come forward to claim her so she is up for adoption.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on April 14, 2012, 12:43:30 AM
That reminds me, I'm still looking for a publisher for my novel A Stable Relationship.
:lol:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on April 14, 2012, 12:43:30 AM
That reminds me, I'm still looking for a publisher for my novel A Stable Relationship.
:lmfao:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2012, 02:00:13 PM
I just checked out the website of the girls looking for sugar daddies. Some of those girls have some high expectations.  :lol:

I was also amused that the one that was 30 years old was only asking 1K/month with the 20 year olds was asking for 5-10K/mo. NOBODY WANTS YOUR OLD CUNT LADY.

Hold your horses, Ed.  1k a month?  That's doable, but there are gonna be some stipulations.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Does CdM love animals this much?

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Doesn't he love the earth too much to drive a Ferrari?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 15, 2012, 03:34:03 AM
Doesn't he love the earth too much to drive a Ferrari?  :hmm:

Which is why he drives an earth-churning Jeep 4x4.  :P

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Packing like there's no coin washers in Japan, I might have to revise this strategy.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 15, 2012, 02:44:11 AM
Does CdM love animals this much?

How the fuck does a good guy doing a good thing rise to the level of "fail"?  That's bullshit.

But yeah I'd have hit the little bastard.  You have to weigh it against the life value that went into manufacturing the automobile.  Several hundred or thousand human hours > hedgehog's brutish, short existence, one supposes.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

I doubt he would have swerved had he known that would happen / put himself in danger.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.