Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 27, 2015, 08:22:36 PM
Quote from: Syt on July 27, 2015, 09:06:16 AM
The European B-Championships are held in Vienna this week:

Who is WeiBrussland?

Belarus, I'd think.

Barrister

I'm probably running out of things that "I'd never thought I'd see the day"...

but I never thought I'd see the day when the Royals make a big splash by adding talent at the trade deadline.  It appears to be World Series or Bust at Kaufman Stadium.

I like it.  I like they aren't just resting on their once in 30 years WS appearance.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 27, 2015, 08:42:58 PM
Well that was a hell of a home run by the Cards.  Is Speiss at that game?

Wish I had been.  Tommy has decided Kolten Wong is his favorite player and he was obviously pretty happy to see him hit a game-winning grand slam.

Cards will be here in Cincy next week.  We're going to a couple of the games.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Ha.  Just saw the Rangers - Yankees score from last night: :lol:

Valmy

The Orioles are now basking in above .500 glory. Somewhere Seedy is predicting doom and cursing management's penny pinching.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Thank God they got rid of Nelson Cruz.  All those long home runs and line drives just make the games drag on longer.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

PRC

Blue Jays coming on strong!

Josephus

Yup...we may not get a Stanley Cup parade down yonge street anytime soon...but looks like another world series drunken revelry is in the works.... I was there in 93...think I'm too old this time...will leave it to you young 'uns
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

You won't be the only oldie there. Enjoy the revelry.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on August 14, 2015, 03:27:07 PM
Yup...we may not get a Stanley Cup parade down yonge street anytime soon...but looks like another world series drunken revelry is in the works.... I was there in 93...think I'm too old this time...will leave it to you young 'uns

There's no chance the Jays can defeat the mighty Kansas City Royals in order to make it to the world series. :menace:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on August 14, 2015, 03:42:06 PM
Quote from: Josephus on August 14, 2015, 03:27:07 PM

There's no chance the Jays can defeat the mighty Kansas City Royals in order to make it to the world series. :menace:

There's no stoppin' them  :punk:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Lol derspicy, how about these AL hosers?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on August 14, 2015, 04:49:03 PM
Lol derspicy, how about these AL hosers?

Yep.  I just wish the damned Pirates and Cubs would stop winning so much.  Cardinals are 34 games over .500 and still have the Pirates breathing down their neck.  Though :nelson: at the Cubs for having such a good record and only being in third place in the NL Central.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

How many games are the Cubs back of the Pirates right now, and how many games left to play?