And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2015

Started by derspiess, April 06, 2015, 10:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

2.5 games back

Pirates have 37 left, Cubs have 38.

EDIT:  They play each other 6 times the rest of the season.

Admiral Yi

sbr

Sophie Scholl

The Tribe are still (theoretically) in contention! :)  I'm wondering if we'll have a 30th Anniversary Cards v. Royals World Series.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

I think the Yi-ster jinxed the Cubs (or added to the existing jinx).  They are now 4 games behind the Pirates and, might I mention, 8.5 behind the Cardinals.

Hopefully the Flubs have cooled off and I won't be bombarded with as many ESPN articles about them for a while.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Since Yi was bitching about baseball talk anyplace else...

Your Kansas City Royals have clinched the AL Central pennant tonight.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Too bad they will lose to the Cards, it's their turn to win again :ultra:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

The Rangers fixed....whatever it was that was wrong....and really turned things around in the last half/end of the season.   They're 3.5 up on Houston (currently leading in the 6th inning 6-2 in game one of the last three game series with them) and 5 on the Angels, with the last series of the regular season being four games vs. LA.  There are three games against Detroit in-between.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2015, 07:39:02 AM
I think the Yi-ster jinxed the Cubs (or added to the existing jinx).  They are now 4 games behind the Pirates and, might I mention, 8.5 behind the Cardinals.

They are still in third place, but have still clinched a playoff berth.  :hmm: Too many wild cards these days.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Actually as much as I like to bust on the Cubs it's a shame that they will have to play in the one-game Wild Card playoff round, given how well they've played.  Hell, if the Cardinals don't take care of business against the Pirates these next few days they may be in the same boat.  You theoretically could have a 100-game winner have to settle for a Wild Card spot.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: derspiess on September 27, 2015, 08:11:44 PM
You theoretically could have a 100-game winner have to settle for a Wild Card spot.

Cubs could still end up with the 3rd best record in baseball and still be 3rd in their own division.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 25, 2015, 10:07:47 PM
The Rangers fixed....whatever it was that was wrong....and really turned things around in the last half/end of the season.   They're 3.5 up on Houston (currently leading in the 6th inning 6-2 in game one of the last three game series with them) and 5 on the Angels, with the last series of the regular season being four games vs. LA.  There are three games against Detroit in-between.

Tainted.  They're 1-3 since this post.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey the Rangers did it.  They beat LA in the last game of the season to clinch the division and toss the Angels out of the playoffs.  :)

Barrister

So derspicey won't let me forget the 1985 World Series, but few people remember the 1985 ALCS, where the Blue Jays were up 3-1 against the Royals, before the Royals stormed back to win it all.

I wonder if we're heading for a rematch... :shifty:

Of course what'll be even more amusing is if the Yankees win the wild card game to face the Royals in 7.  My old man... he was a sportswriter when I was growing up.  And being a sportswriter in the Canadian prairies meant a covering a whole lot of CFL and hockey.  So he's always been somewhat detached from those sports.  But what he has always been is a life-long Yankees fan.

Now throughout my entire life the Royals and the Yankees have never had any kind of meaningful rivalry (gimme a break, I may have been alive in the late 70s but I was a toddler and didn't follow baseball), so this could be interesting...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Blowing the ALCS used to be a Blue Jays tradition.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."