Main Menu

Blood Bowl coming out on the 26th June 2009

Started by Syt, June 17, 2009, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on July 04, 2009, 03:06:00 PM
Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2009, 03:00:50 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 04, 2009, 02:56:22 PM
My friend can report that it works OK on his laptop at moderate quality settings. :)

Nice. Will you be buying this?

LOL hint: there is no "friend".

You really thought that elderly trick worked for a second? :rolleyes:

join our league, ogre-food

Ed Anger

So, are they going to do a demo for this thingy?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2009, 03:28:21 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 04, 2009, 03:06:00 PM
Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2009, 03:00:50 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 04, 2009, 02:56:22 PM
My friend can report that it works OK on his laptop at moderate quality settings. :)

Nice. Will you be buying this?

LOL hint: there is no "friend".

You really thought that elderly trick worked for a second? :rolleyes:

join our league, ogre-food

Is this "smack"? I don't know if I have the balls to play against such badasses as yourselves.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DocDoom7

The internet portion of the game goes real slow and disconnects me ... annoying.  Not sure how I find the languish league, it gave me a list of leagues.. but when i hit search nothing happened. 

Also, is there a way to get the benchwarmers into the game at points other than halftime?  Like if one of my poor lizards gets a fractured skull and taken out, can a benchwarmer come right in or must they wait? 

Tamas

Quote from: DocDoom7 on July 04, 2009, 07:01:07 PM
The internet portion of the game goes real slow and disconnects me ... annoying.  Not sure how I find the languish league, it gave me a list of leagues.. but when i hit search nothing happened. 

Also, is there a way to get the benchwarmers into the game at points other than halftime?  Like if one of my poor lizards gets a fractured skull and taken out, can a benchwarmer come right in or must they wait?

Leauge: we have decided to just use the public leauge for games and record points here, look for the separate thread, you can announce the name of your team there as well.

Lag: bogh's first game with me was very laggy then he somehow managed to solve this, ask him

Subs: I think they can come in at any kick off, so after a TD as well

katmai

i won't have time till monday to try and beat some asses in mp play but count me in :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

All new coaches should check out the link I posted on page 2 (or thereabouts) There are some very good race-specific tips there.
My esteemed colleauge Coach Jaron can testify on that. His play drasticaly improved due to those.

bogh

Quote from: DocDoom7 on July 04, 2009, 07:01:07 PM

I had to put my computer in my routers DMZ - probably there is a less blunt way of solving it, but it worked for me.

bogh

Quote from: Syt on July 04, 2009, 01:34:10 PM
I've tried human teams now, and I think I may like them better than orks.

While I like the stability of orks, their slightly lower movement  and no dedicated catcher makes them focused on a running game - and I couldn't even break through a human elves player's defence so far (though doing fine against AI).

Humans give the flexibility to pull off a quick rush or pass to turn around the situation; and they pack somewhat decent punch against single opponents.

Bit undecided here.

I tend to play a quick running/passing game, not a slow lumbering cage game, so I do much better with teams that are actually suited for this. I suppose humans would be a good starting team, to let you find out what kind of game you prefer, then moving to one of the more specialized races.

Syt

I scored my first touchdown against a human player today, playing 1-1 against a dwarf team.

During first half I managed to beat him up pretty nicely, opening plenty of space for my goblin runner. Finish was lucky, because the gobbo got blitzed by a dwarf and the result was a both down from which he recovered next turn.

I then went on to stall the dwarves' advance for the rest of the half.

The second half started with the dwarves receiving a touchback, a linesmen of mine dieing and another badly injured (though won't miss a game), both in the first turn. Dwarf touchdown on turn 4. My next push was a bit of a mess. The cage around my goblin got broken and he dropped the ball. After that he failed to leave a dwarf's tackle zone. Fortunately a blitzer picked the ball up despite turnover. Took some slugging to get him out of the way and into open space, but by that time the half was pretty much over.

Not many SPPs (TD, 1 casualty, 1 pass) to go around.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: bogh on July 05, 2009, 06:56:52 AM
I tend to play a quick running/passing game, not a slow lumbering cage game, so I do much better with teams that are actually suited for this. I suppose humans would be a good starting team, to let you find out what kind of game you prefer, then moving to one of the more specialized races.

Well, I assume that any attempt to leave a tackle zone will inevitably fail. Which is why I don't think I'd do well with, say, Skaven or Elves. Humans are ok, Orcs seem to suit me better; and in the long run I might be going for Chaos.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I am testing out Chaos, I quite like them so far, but they have less initial edge than humans I think.

But for sure, I will be sticking with my Frenzied Footmen for the leauge. :)

bogh

Chaos starts out pretty weak, but can really grow into a powerhouse (actually, many of the high AV teams can become truly terrifying due to the low level of player turnover).